• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THAT'S IT! I'M SICK OF THIS FREAK'IN FREAKISH WEATHER!

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
I have had it with this freakish weather.One day it is several degrees below freezing and the next it is short sleeve weather.So far this fall we have had two major snow storms. One dumped a foot and the other dumped 16 inches. Within a day or two of each ALL the snow was gone because the temperature shot up into the 50's or 60's with rain.So much for bothering to clear the driveway and yard. :censored: The storm that dumped 16 inches of snow was accompanied by thunder and lightning as well.THUNDER AND LIGHTNING WITH A SNOW STORM! :eek: It was kind of freaky watching the night sky light up and hearing the distant roll of thunder all the while the snow was coming down.:headbangTwo nights ago it was 10 degrees F.Last night we had freezing rain and this afternoon the temperature rose to 64 degrees with a thunderstorm warning in effect.Tomorrow's forecast calls for a high of only 27 degrees F dropping to 10 overnight and then back up to 40 degrees for Sunday and Monday calls for 50+ degrees. The forecaster says to expect this kind of rollercoaster ride for the next several weeks because the Jet Stream has not settled yet. Where we live the Jet Stream is just barely off the coast and often it shifts inland so we can be on the warm side of it one day and the cold side of it the next.This is the latest I can remember that it has failed to stabilize by this time.I just wish it would either stay warm or turn cold and stay that way instead of this roller coaster ride.It seems that I am always dressed for yesterday's weather. I just got off work this morning for four days off and I think I will just pull the shades down, crank up the furnace,mix myself a drink (or two ,or three or.....) and come out of hiding next Tuesday in time to go back to work. (y)

Freakish indeed...

We had a wicked ice storm last night. Power was out here from midnight til 2:30, other parts of the state were hit worse, they may not have power for a few days.
Oh yeah. and BTW, the sun is out now, melting all the ice off the trees and things.

I have had it with this freakish weather.One day it is several degrees below freezing and the next it is short sleeve weather.So far this fall we have had two major snow storms. One dumped a foot and the other dumped 16 inches. Within a day or two of each ALL the snow was gone because the temperature shot up into the 50's or 60's with rain.So much for bothering to clear the driveway and yard. :censored: The storm that dumped 16 inches of snow was accompanied by thunder and lightning as well.THUNDER AND LIGHTNING WITH A SNOW STORM! :eek: It was kind of freaky watching the night sky light up and hearing the distant roll of thunder all the while the snow was coming down.:headbangTwo nights ago it was 10 degrees F.Last night we had freezing rain and this afternoon the temperature rose to 64 degrees with a thunderstorm warning in effect.Tomorrow's forecast calls for a high of only 27 degrees F dropping to 10 overnight and then back up to 40 degrees for Sunday and Monday calls for 50+ degrees. The forecaster says to expect this kind of rollercoaster ride for the next several weeks because the Jet Stream has not settled yet. Where we live the Jet Stream is just barely off the coast and often it shifts inland so we can be on the warm side of it one day and the cold side of it the next.This is the latest I can remember that it has failed to stabilize by this time.I just wish it would either stay warm or turn cold and stay that way instead of this roller coaster ride.It seems that I am always dressed for yesterday's weather. I just got off work this morning for four days off and I think I will just pull the shades down, crank up the furnace,mix myself a drink (or two ,or three or.....) and come out of hiding next Tuesday in time to go back to work. (y)

Crazy!

Tuesday here in central Texas we had a record high of 82 F then 6 hours later it was 36 F with sleet and snow with 40 mph winds!

I was watching the news last night and saw the snow they got in New Orleans La. Now THAT is crazy. BTW, tonight's news said we broke a 60 year old record for a high on this date. It hit 70 degrees in some parts of the province.Not bad for having freezing rain last night. :confused:

hummmm????, according to my calendar, winter hasn't officially even started yet:headbang
btw, i'm still wearing my "flip-flops" and shorts with the windows open here in sw fl

QRN.....

I feel your pain brother, I'm here on the South Jersey coast, hasn't been as cold as you've had it, and not as warm either. I can't remember the last day we had where the wind hasn't blown hard...(calm in the mornings, 20 to 25 mph in the afternoons)....
The big thing for us down this way is the near shore ocean water tempratures have tanked early. It's totally destroyed the late season Tog and Striped Bass fishing, and since I no longer surf in water colder than 50°, I won't be hitting the waves now until mid to late April......:headbang

It's even been too cold and windy to enjoy any quality target shooting with my .22Lr rifles, I'll at least try doing that tomorrow morning before the afternoon winds kick in.

Even my Jeep Liberty is suffering from this crazy weather, every time I have a day off, it's either raining or just too damn cold to change the oil, I'm now 1,100 miles over due for that maintanance task.....(good thing I run synthetic oil in it).....

So much for global warming......:glare:

QRN.....

So much for global warming......:glare:

Actually that may well in fact be the problem. Normal air currents failing to stabilise and weird temperature fluctuations are all part of what was said could happen. I'm not going to get into a debate about the whole global warming thing as that has been beaten to death before and those on either side will never change their minds regardless of the proof presented to them,however, yesterday scientists living in the high arctic said that we can expect to see a summertime ice-free region in the high arctic within 6 years.This has never been known to have happened before.Ice is also melting at a much quicker pace in Antarctica than was previously ever expected.The claim is that more extreme northly or southerly locations will see the most dramatic effect and as you approach the equator the effects are much lesser pronounced. All I know is that here where I live happens to be exactly half way between the North Pole and the equator.I live about 2-3 miles away from 45 degrees North. The weather is becoming much more unpredictable with much more intense storms.It is now becoming commonplace to have severe thunderstorm warnings as well as tornado watches in effect during the summer. Last year there were two confirmed F1 tornados in neighboring New Brunswick as well as a possible tornado here in Nova Scotia.This area of the world has NEVER had tornados before that mankind has seen. Whether or not it is global warming or not something is changing the weather here and it is not for the better.

I forget where i have it
But i have a thorough post in regards to global warming where i explained it in some detail...

Long story short..
Global warming indeed can easily produce exactly these crazy swings because..
as the earth warms more and more... greater amounts of moisture gets into our atmosphere ...
when greater moisture gets in the atmosphere it creates greater amounts of rain and snow fall but in a manor not typical via "normal" weather trends

these fluke storms also bring crazy and sudden temp swings

A lot of what we are seeing now .. may well be a part of global warming

is just funny how so few are willing to see the hand writing on the wall in front of them

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: