• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The new texas star dx 667v hybrid amp

wheelman918

Nov 22, 2014
Ok as i get the bugs out converting this amp im liking it better and better NOTE; dont leave any leads open on the variable pot like the old ones, makes a dead spot and makes the pot work like shit like the old ones. I love the way you can control the power now not just deadkey like the old ones (ive had a couple) they are about 50 to 60 watts less, but cleaner it seems, toshibas rather than these dei 2879s driven by mosfets may have been a good deal. The biggest thing ive noticed is how it dont splatter like old 667s did omg i used to have fun with the splatter loiol

As with any amp if you want blarring audio and lots of splatter over drive it and run a clipped radio, that should do it. That would be the case with any 667, old or new.

Reactions: wheelman918
As with any amp if you want blarring audio and lots of splatter over drive it and run a clipped radio, that should do it. That would be the case with any 667, old or new.
off my 148f its clean, had the music radio on and talking with 550 watts or so whatever it puts out and didnt bother the stereo at all?? im like wow ive had alot of amps in my day this is the 3rd 667 ive had both the others would have just blasted the stereo lol

off my 148f its clean, had the music radio on and talking with 550 watts or so whatever it puts out and didnt bother the stereo at all?? im like wow ive had alot of amps in my day this is the 3rd 667 ive had both the others would have just blasted the stereo lol
also they convert differently the variable is much better, i stumbled on to something im busy with work now but i will make a vid and show it, found it by accident DIY converting the amp not really knowing what im doing but got lucky as a 2 peckered puppy, would be the honest way to explain it lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.