• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The next time you want to ask who is the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom came here from Wv ,( most of my surviving family is there ) she told me she came to Ri in a dress her Grandmother made from a potato sack , all those years in Ri it was hard to get her to wear shoes . :LOL: All Coal Miners in her family so she could put you in your place :censored::censored: ! But she taught me manners & they had no $ but manners . I was always taught them . Like " May I get up from the table Please " . Manners are here but not often in the North East . I did hear '' Sir " the other day but it came from a young Marine recruit who saw my hat . I guess down south is where I need to be !:)

Not everyone here has manners and is respectful so don’t get your hopes up. As Andy would say, do your research. I’m looking for somewhere near or in the mountains to move to myself. Doing my research to attempt to avoid a mistake.

Cell coverage seems to be an issue there. That disturbs me.

I think I’ll go dig through my moms record player and see what records are there from my childhood.

Reactions: 357magnum
You might be a redneck Jedi if your X-wing fighter is on barrels in the front yard.

L18ip2.jpg

wow there are so many posts i want to respond to, but it's just too many.

I do however, need to respond to a couple of points brought up ITT.

On AC/DC the band. yes, there will always be the Bon vs. Brian argument, just like there will always be a David vs. Sammy argument for van halen.
the truth is that both bands wrote amazing material with both singers.
(i am a die hard Bon and David devotee)

But to say that AC/DC wasn't a good band because their songs were too simple is to miss the entire point!
Have you ever tried to write a song before? It's freakin' hard!
now try to write something that doesn't sound like a song that's already out there.
now try to write a song that makes it out of your bed room and into the hearts and souls of the masses. again, freakin' hard!

A musician who hopes to 'make it' as a song writer needs to have one thing over any other thing, and that is an original style of writing.
It doesn't matter how complex the chords are, and it doesn't matter how many of them are in a song.
THOSE THINGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT A SONG IS GOOD OR NOT!!!

Did you know that 90% of country songs are just a I-IV-V blues chord progression with a different cadence?
Did you know that most of the Beatles most complex arrangements used those same simple chords and can be re-produced on an acoustic guitar?

To say that AC/DC isn't good is to say that rock and roll itself isn't good.
Malcom Young is one of the best riff writers ever and did more with five chords than any berkeley school of music trained jazz a hole ever could.
If any of you hear an AC/DC riff, you know it's an AC/DC riff in one split second.
that my friends is a mark of greatness as a writer.
not to mention that Angus Young created some of the most melodic pentatonic lead playing of his time. His nimble fingers could re-create those amazingly written solos on every stop on the tour.

now on to cliff williams the bass player. who else puts a B note behind a G major chord in order to induce a feeling of motion behind the rhythm.
he was by no means a slouch and his subtle changes to standard '8th note root bass playing' is part of what makes their songs sound so original.

whew.

now, here is a song that i hope all of you will listen to as i think you will enjoy it.
It's by a little band called the Drive by Truckers who also create amazing material with just a few chords.
I believe this song has three:

LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,