• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The next time you want to ask who is the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC/DC?

Is the band named that because those are the 3 chords used in their songs?:D

To me Bon Scott was AC/DC and the band died when he did. I never really liked Brian Johnson even though the band became absolutley huge with him.

Some people in this thread are older than I am, if only by a few years, enough to make them fans of music I never listened to.

I grew up with my parents listening to Motown and beach music, so I could say that Brian Wilson was far more talented than any of those guys. I mean, you gotta be talented to crank out hits with all those people living in your head. But that doesn’t make me right, nor does it make my statement right either.

I actually listened to rap music and all that crap back when you guys were probably listening to this music. So I’m late to the party, better late than never. So much time wasted listening to crap.

Billy Gibbons is a pretty cool guy. There’s a guy here in town that was sitting in a guitar/music shop in Tennessee. While he was sitting and playing a guitar, Billy walked up and sat down beside him and started playing with him. They had lunch together. Can you imagine how awesome that was? And there was pictures to prove it too, I did see them, so he wasn’t making it up.

Reactions: 357magnum
AC/DC?

Is the band named that because those are the 3 chords used in their songs?:D

To me Bon Scott was AC/DC and the band died when he did. I never really liked Brian Johnson even though the band became absolutley huge with him.

Play nice, be fair now...

Don’t make me say that name....

Please don't, TRPC. :eek:
There are already 3 threads, 75 pages, and 1094 posts about the gentleman.
Any more and WWDX will have to change its name to SRCDX. :D

On a more important note, any discussion of Classic Rock has to include The Boss.
Born to Run is hard to top.

And finally, getting back to the thread's topic, your suggestion of Let It Be was right on the money, Tallman. (y)
I'm not a fan of the "New" country music scene, but another possibility is Dierks Bentley's What Was I Thinkin?

Reactions: Tallman
Please don't, TRPC. :eek:
There are already 3 threads, 75 pages, and 1094 posts about the gentleman.
Any more and WWDX will have to change its name to SRCDX. :D

On a more important note, any discussion of Classic Rock has to include The Boss.
Born to Run is hard to top.

And finally, getting back to the thread's topic, your suggestion of Let It Be was right on the money, Tallman. (y)
I'm not a fan of the "New" country music scene, but another possibility is Dierks Bentley's What Was I Thinkin?

Oh no, that’s not the name I was thinking. One that causes greater disturbances in the force than that one. One that thinks he’s a radio Jedi but can’t even get his camera to hover correctly.

I'm still learning to use the "Dark side of the FARCE." It leads me into strange places.
AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

Give yourself to the hate and your training will be complete.

But we’re gonna have to come to some settlement on these AC/DC jokes, fella. I might have to toss you off a starship if you’re not careful.

Oh no, that’s not the name I was thinking. One that causes greater disturbances in the force than that one. One that thinks he’s a radio Jedi but can’t even get his camera to hover correctly.
Give yourself to the hate and your training will be complete.
But we’re gonna have to come to some settlement on these AC/DC jokes, fella. I might have to toss you off a starship if you’re not careful.

Okay, how about this AC/DC is the chords they know and play them in that order in every song.

Wrong. I’ve played a few of their songs and that’s not entirely true. Be fair, a ton of rock songs use those same chords, a lot of them power chords and not even a full chord.

Be fair about it, my little Sith in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.