• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The oldest ham in the world calling CQ on 7200...

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
40 meters was dead this afternoon until I stopped the dial on 7200 and heard W4KKP calling CQ. I've worked him several times in the past. The dude is a legend, so I was initially puzzled that he was parked on 7200. He initially got some grief from the CHODES. However, once the morons realized whom he was, he got a little pileup of hams wanting to work him.

Incredible. I'd love to work Cliff. If you are registered on QRZ check out his page. He was in charge of setting up AM transmiters on Iwo Jima the day the US flag was planted on Mt Suribachi.

Last edited:
I was talking to him when the IDIOTS ruined the qso for me. Here is the audio recording I made with my smart phone. He mentions my call sign twice.

Reactions: 222DBFL
40 meters was dead this afternoon until I stopped the dial on 7200 and heard W4KKP calling CQ. I've worked him several times in the past. The dude is a legend, so I was initially puzzled that he was parked on 7200. He initially got some grief from the CHODES. However, once the morons realized whom he was, he got a little pileup of hams wanting to work him.
That's cool. I will look up his call sign. I'm not a ham so my question is why was it odd that he was on 7200? Thanks 73

That's cool. I will look up his call sign. I'm not a ham so my question is why was it odd that he was on 7200? Thanks 73

Certain frequencies are just some places where the malcontents and people who just don't know any better congregate. 7.200 MHz and 14.313 MHz a couple of those. Those frequencies were probably were more respectable when he was more active. They get on the frequency and take root and think they own it. W4KKP is a war hero and a respectable individual.

Last edited:
Reactions: N0NB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.