• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The tower project is on hold, and antennas are coming down.....SANDY IS COMING!

dxhound

Nov 17, 2006
Well, I live 2 miles west of ocean city MD, and we are expecting alot of wind and rain. Unfortuneately, My work as a communications technician is taking me to the baltimore area and leaving my wife at home....by her self and with local friends. The antennas will be down tomm. and the generator filled.

Tower project will resume in a couple weeks after the clean up. Good luck and God have Mercy on those on the east coast and in the mountains where their expecting 2 or more feet possible snow fall.

Yeah, I lowered my maco down to 8 feet and took everything else down. I gave my friend a cb and wilson 1000 and set him up incase we loose phone.

I just got done seting up a 15kw PTO generator on my John deere 445. The lil lawn tractor ran it fine with the house having almost all lights on, both Air conditioners and microwave goin. AC stayed at 118 until I added the dryer. Then she droped to about 109 volts. Stove, water heater and heat are propane. I was socked my lil tractor ran all that, but she took it in stride. Under normal circumstances we wouldnt run all that AC load anyway.........I was just doing the CB thing and PUSHIN THE CRAP OUTTA IT!!! HAHA

How many horse power is the tractor running the genset? For 15 Kw of continuous power you would need at least 25 or 30 hp allowing for efficiency peak surge etc. My 6500 watt continuous/7200 watt peak has a 13 hp. Honda engine on it.

The tractor uses a 22 hp fuel injected kawasaki motor. The PTO is ratted at 18hp. The tractor isnt enough to run the generator under full load but its enough to run her comfortably on a normal house use.

Attachments

• IMG_20121027_173958.jpg
    IMG_20121027_173958.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I sure hope you have the trailer tied down solid, get a load on that genset for a bit and it will walk all over the place. I have a 15KW 3 point mount on a farm tractor and when I get close to 12KW it wants to move the tractor a bit!

Its not in the picture but the trailer is straped down to i hooks. The trailer is an abandoned jetski trailer I modified for the portable generator.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.