• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The UK Has 30dbs of 4040 in there Radio

lol, finally 4040 making the trip, looks like im gonna have to pull an old cb out and throw it in the car for some dx(y)

lol, finally 4040 making the trip, looks like im gonna have to pull an old cb out and throw it in the car for some dx(y)

Hell ya bob i have been talking to mobiles in the UK 30dbs even on am in your hood.... My time 9:00am to 11:00am my time bro... I was talking to paddy he said he was close to u

Hell ya bob i have been talking to mobiles in the UK 30dbs even on am in your hood.... My time 9:00am to 11:00am my time bro... I was talking to paddy he said he was close to u

thats a cool looking meter. how many elements is your beam? What frequency are you dxing on? real nice sounding gates

hey bob its starting whatever that means.
ok since you are ignoring my polite question i spent an hour and found out your on or around usb 27.555-27.580 have a 4 element beam and are running 500w from san carlos califorina. it is usually polite to reply when someone asks. have a nice day

4040, you made me fix the dry solder joint in my icom 703 finals today, radio sounds sweet but my pos klv1000 amp spoils the ssb audio, at least im up and running if im around the radio when usa skip is rolling;)

bob theres a ham around here with a klv amp and he got it sounding better by tuningn it with ssb audio "ahhhhh" and going clockwise with the load down about 15% then repeaking with the tune. he says he lost a few watts but it does sound better to me

bender, i sold my ssb cb's and let my station fall apart, even my lil icom had a fault with surface mount finals i could not be bothered fixing but i did it today so i have a radio i can talk on,
the klv only wants a couple of watts drive and the icom lacks avg audio when set down there,
i tune with ahhhhh but i don't have anything setup to listen to how i sound at the moment,
locals tell me it sounds ok on AM but its typical hammy set AM, so long as i can make the trip it will do until parts arrive for my other amp.

Sorry hommie i have a 104c 27.590000 and 27.580000 running 500 bird rms

no problem, i was having a shit atitude day.
i heard you tell him to go to 580 around 11:00am today. its allways cool to hear someone from the forum

where you@ 4040, i just talked to trouble maker on the bowl, conditions are pretty good and i lost my voice but i will give it a try

where you@ 4040, i just talked to trouble maker on the bowl, conditions are pretty good and i lost my voice but i will give it a try

Bob we did not have the best dx to the UK today seems like i was just 5 by 9 so i did not stay long....I think the boys on the eastcoast had it good today... if i don't hit them guys 30-60dbs theen i will get out of there

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.