• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This guy is a real winner! LOL

i posted this video on an other ham site
the person in question joined up just to say that
he didn't like us making fun of him
seems to be thin skinned
o well he is good for some giggles :love:

This reminds me of a 142 I fixed about 15 years ago. A local fellow gave me a big bag full of a radio parts, which turned out to be all the bits and pieces of a Cobra 142 that his wife had sledge-hammered. The circuit board was mostly dislodged from the chassis, and was in several different pieces. The plastic front of the radio was cracked in several places, and was broken off of the chassis. The chassis itself was bent pretty badly, as well. Anyway, the radio was all there (except the case), and out of sheer boredom during a VERY slow week at the shop by which I was then employed, I put humpty-142 back together again. It actually worked better than any 142 I'd used up to that point. I used it off and on until about five years ago, when I donated it to a blind fellow. To my knowledge, its still on the air and working well.

That man and his wife sound like a murder suicide waiting to happen!! LMAO!! And good work on the resurrection Dave ;)

Why, why, why?
I have 2, 135's that has been in storage for the last 25 years or more.
One is a parts machine as we played so much with it and the other has never been opened.
If you search it out? Check out the clock, WOW. Now that was something fancy!!
That thing would put out such wild clean modulation with my Silver Eagle that others at the other end could hear the floor boards crack when people upstairs would be walking!! It even had it's own "talk back" as you could hear your own voice resonate out of the radio.
I'm keeping them for a retirement play project. It may not glow in the dark but why destroy any kind of radio?
As someone said here, putting it on the Bay, working or not, is what a responsible radio owner would have done or simply dispose of it without the "Fanfare"!
tracker.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.