• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

this waiting is a killer

KD8NKK

Feb 20, 2010
hamilton ohio
i bought a new ft-2900 and it is still not in yet :headbang
and the next test date is not untill 3-13-2010:headbang

i have been studding and studding and ahhhh im ready to get the ball rolling so to speak. i seem to pass the pratice test every time for tech, the general not all the time but i am still studding...

Do some online shopping while you're waiting and studying :) :) Check out all the online ham stores for goodies, or look on ebay for bargains. There are forum sections here that show you what is ending soon on ebay, already categorized to make it easy to find.

Your location shows Hamilton Ohio...which puts you in the backyard of R and L Electronics.One of the biggest ham stores around.
Good luck on the test !!

I'm in the same boat. I thought the Charlotte ham-fest was giving the tech exam March 13, but it's just the VE exam. I was hoping to pass my test and buy my equipment on the same day. But now I can buy, and take the test on the 20th.

I'm reading my manual, doing the online tests, averaging around 85% on the tech quiz.

I'm checking all the equipment videos on YouTube, reading all the reviews and that just shoots me down when I think I have made up my mind.:blink:

Still can't decide on a mobile to use in the car & indoors, or buy a base that I can grow into.

Waiting is tough, hopefully worth it.

Country I just noticed your location, R and L Eletronics would be a good place to go to and talk with the folks there and explain to them with what you are looking for in a radio.I am willing to bet they will listen and get you pointed in teh right direction

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.