• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

time to make the jump to HAM

I have been thinking about it more and more recently and I've been looking at a lot of the set ups on this forum and like what I see.

My friend's dad is a Ham out here in the desert and I asked her to ask him for some advice. He said there is a class in October that meets once a week for eight weeks then they test at the end. I guess it's about $30 for the class.

He also gave me a list of websites that I managed to lose somehow in my car. I know arrl.org was on the list and qrz.com was on the list. He suggested these sites for practice exams and study material as well.

Any suggestions on where to start? He mentioned getting an ARRL book to study for about $30 and to check out those websites.

Will try QRZ.com and look for the clickie that says practice tests...start with the tech and get to where you can pass it then move to the general and get to where you can pass it......

I would recomend to anyone to get at least your general class lisence,you will not regret doing so!!

Will try QRZ.com and look for the clickie that says practice tests...start with the tech and get to where you can pass it then move to the general and get to where you can pass it......

I would recomend to anyone to get at least your general class lisence,you will not regret doing so!!

I did one last night and failed quite miserably. I think I had about a 70%. I will keep trying...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.