• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TL-922A Parasitic Supressor MOD

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
There are a couple of Parasitic Supressor MOD's out there for the 922, I found the loop style on E-Bay http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=250874212084. For $19 how could I pass it up. My AMP already had the MOD done with a different style but I have to keep playing with things so here ya go !

Here are the old PS items ..

IMG_1353.JPG

Here are the new Loop style

IMG_1357.JPG

Well there ya have it some glowing tubes with the new loop style Parasitic Supressors installed...

Google Rich Measures,

He has excellant write up of the parasitic supressors.

I used a home brew style for rework of the sb-200 and 4-1000A homebrew.

Yup, I have read all of Rich's stuff and there are a couple of others that have decent web pages with all the MOD's. This amp was loaded with all the MOD's when I got it. It seems the 922 series has almost a cult like following. It really is an awesome piece. (y)

The amp is a good [piece of equipment, drive it easy and clean it will give years of service.

Drive it hard and try to squeeze every watt out of it and it will fail quickly.
About 60 watts of drive should result in 600 to 800 watts PEP depending on what band you are working.

Plenty to bust pile ups with and no one on the receiving end will be able to hear the difference between 600 watts and 1Kw. That amp will loaf along all day at the wattage and never break a sweat.

The amp is a good [piece of equipment, drive it easy and clean it will give years of service.

Drive it hard and try to squeeze every watt out of it and it will fail quickly.
About 60 watts of drive should result in 600 to 800 watts PEP depending on what band you are working.

Plenty to bust pile ups with and no one on the receiving end will be able to hear the difference between 600 watts and 1Kw. That amp will loaf along all day at the wattage and never break a sweat.

But remember to make the tube anodes glow once in a while or they will zorch over.

dont forget to check the filament voltage. i read where its real high in 922s and shortens tube life

A "cult following"? Yep, just take a look at how the thing was built. It is truly one of the nicer amplifiers. It isn't the most powerful amplifier in the world but it is certainly reliable if run moderately.
The one thing that I would change if I could is those @#$ fuses! While they certainly do their job adequately, they are probably the most expensive fuses I've ever bought. :)
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.