• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Too Quiet

caspear1978

Jan 8, 2009
Its just been too quiet up here in northern minnesota, got a pdl 2 up in the air now, there has been no skip for some time now, hope the conditions get a little bit better, what are some good listening channels for upper and lower cb channels, the cobra 2000 gtl im running now, some one had added channels to it, ive been thinking about flipping the switch and finding other channels to work.

Same here Caspear1978, no DX and very little local traffic anymore. You may find some DX in the evenings on 38 lsb.

I monitor 38LSB constantly during the day.
Made more than a few contacts this week. Openings have been short - but productive. Haven't heard MN in a while; but I have made contacts with NY, ON, MI, and PA a few times this week.

When I think I hear an opening; I will make several calls and keep trying . . .
Jump on it.

made contact with FL just a bit ago, all i could hear was FL on 38LSB, thats usally where i have it parked at, they said i sounded good running barefoot, so now atleast i know the pdl 2 is making the trip, i go by 778 on 38lsb, hopefully it picks up more later on, would be nice to make some good contacts out there, thanks for the replys guys, and hopefully one day we can hear eachother on the air, have a good one

I monitor 38LSB constantly during the day.
Made more than a few contacts this week. Openings have been short - but productive. Haven't heard MN in a while; but I have made contacts with NY, ON, MI, and PA a few times this week.

When I think I hear an opening; I will make several calls and keep trying . . .
Jump on it.

nice robb. what contacts u makew in p.a. .im in pa and usually on
38lsb who knows i may have talked to ya

Ok i guess i spoke to soon about it being quite up here, heard jamaica, hawaii, and pretty much all over Cali today, cali was the loudest on pretty much every channel, heard 4040 out there loud and proud up here, finally good to see the conditions rolling out that way, most of the time its the rest of the states but never hear Cali in there, today was a first for them on my end, i think im going to setup the horizontal side and get a switch box next and see how it sounds on running the vertical side right now, but once i get the switch box and some more coax ill be set,,,,,mark

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.