• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tower climbing

If a wise man got to the point and saw three bolts had split out a section 30 or 40 feet above the ground, he would say I don't go any further until this is fixed and for sure if the wind is an issue at all like you say.

You are lucky young man that look on your face is not the look of Wiley Coyote.

Marconi said:
If a wise man got to the point and saw three bolts had split out a section 30 or 40 feet above the ground, he would say I don't go any further until this is fixed and for sure if the wind is an issue at all like you say.

lol, ya well didn't know till i was above it :)
whats done is done.now on to the next one :p

karo said:
Marconi said:

Atleast there would have not been a large boulder to land on him when he hit the ground. ;)

lol sure :p

Hardhead said:
That's dumb. No antenna is worth the chance.

It's all good Lord's , even at 45 you still got eggs in your Levi's dude !! Not me brother !! , mine slid up into my body many years ago. Friends like you are good to have my man. :) Cause I ain't do'it !! and if I did , somebody would be paying me dearly !! or I would be on some kind of new drug they haven't come out with yet ! Hell !! I thank the good Lord just for helping me use a damned 6 foot latter for that matter !! You said you were a cat ? From the looks of things , I'd bet to say you just might have a few lives left in you dude. Not me dude !! Not me !! :) Oh yeah ! Nice camera from 60ft away !
lordsontowercw5.jpg

you guys are all wusses.LOL J/K!

try hanging in mid air, 110 feet above a construction zone.
with a welding helmet on.
talk about losing your bearings!

also, i am in full agreement about the shock absorbing lanyard.
it can mean the difference between surviving a fall and walking away, and being wheeled away.
later,
loosecannon

alls I have to say to any of this and the guys and gals that do these kinds of things for a living , they better damned well get paid the BIG GREENBACKS for doing so !! ....and they say Crap fishing is one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet .

hey lords,i still haven"t replaced my ant. yet so if you want you can come over and put up my new I-MAX for me.all you have to do is go up about 100ft up the old oak tree and dodge the mother black squirrlel and her babies.

thing about this oak is that half was up there"s no thick branches so i"ll pick up some screw in tree steps for ya.i have a full body harness that you can use also.see ya next weekend, :LOL: :LOL: serious though,be careful up those towers,don"t want to see a post stating that you fell.

I have to climb were I work. Up to about 170 ft. It scares the crap out of me but I have to eat. I work at a large chemical plant. But nothing as thin as a tower. Have a friend that used to inspect and install antennas and towers. He has been as high as 1000 ft on a tower. His brother who owned the company was on TV working on towers on top of the Empire State building. I cant imagine 1000 ft up on a tower. He was going to do one on the Marshal Islands that was 1300ft but it never happened

You could try the BREN Tower. I used to ride a bus by this facility every day on the way to work.

Of course, the 2-man elevator INSIDE the tower might make things a bit easier. ;)

This structure is one of the more interesting relics of the early days of the Cold War. It's still there, and you can find it on Google Earth if you know where to look. As with many things on GE, it's easier to spot the shadow rather than the tower itself.

switch kit, that is one of the funniest cases of mistyping that i have ever seen!!! that made me laugh out loud dude.
"and they say Crap fishing is one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet ." too funny.

anyway, i cant imagine 1000 feet up on a tower either. yeesh!

cant confirm this as truth, but i heard somewhere that the guy who's job it is to replace the lightbulbs at the top of the empire state building gets paid more than 300 dollars an hour.
i dont know if that would be enough money to get me to do it...

i also heard that the tower at the top of the building sways 20+ feet in either direction on windy days. double yeesh!
loosecannon

Hey Mr Clean

Sorry to hear that
I know what you mean when you say he loved to climb

As a kid i used to climb 80 to 100 feet up with no safty anything
As i kid one thinks/knows (yeah we thought we knew)we can never get hurt let alone die (oh and i was climbing those trees from age 7 to 10 before i found better things to do)

Now
if i need any climbing done
i call a friend who still loves to climb

So why do i no longer like climbing and or heights

when i was 11 i nearly fell off a 26 story building
was on roof with a friend (we were allowed on roof those days)
when while slightly leaning on fence that keeps people from falling off the side of building....all of sudden fence moved some 6 inches out and would have sent me over the side,except tha a friend quickly grabbed me and pulled me strongly and preventing me from falling..

i learned super quick to respect heights
i now dont even like climbing up side of my simple 3 story building to do antenna work

Happy 4TH All

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.