• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trade: Keenwood TS-520s, Uniden HR2510, Heathkit GR-78

Oct 24, 2008
I've got some gear I want to trade...
Ideally I would trade it ALL for a working all mode HF rig WITH general coverage rx.

Pretty much all of my stuff is in need of a little TLC. I would rather get rid of it all, and just have one(functioning) radio.

Kenwood TS-520S:
Missing side vox cover
Could use a good cleaning, minor rust around edges of cabinet.
I replaced the tubes, so they need normalized. I don't have the rf voltmeter to do it.
Likely needs caps replaced, etc.
I cracked one of the 10m slugs, needs replaced.
Missing original mode knob. Has a generic black replacement on it now.
No mic
Seems to work fine, but could use a good cleaning and alignment.
I remember 10m output was lowish... it's been awhile
I've never been on the air with it, I'm just a Technician. The normalizing thing and the cracked slug kept me from messing with 10 meters with it. I do lug it out from time to time and listen to the real Hams on 80m... oh and the Spanish speaking freebanders on 10m lol

Uniden HR2510 X TWO!
Yup I've got two of them.

One:
Needs alignment, has kinda a weak rx
RF output a little weak, perhaps alignment would fix.
It does go out of band, I didn't do it.
With mic
No bracket OR pwr cord.

Two:
It's been about 3 years since I've messed with it.. so I'm going from memory.
I broke the SWR pot off the board when I was removing the front face.
I believe this one does not rx at all, can't recall if it's no audio or what.
I think the tx worked, and at full power.
No mic, bracket, or pwr cord.
Actually there might be a bracket, if I can find it.
Again, goes out of band.. I dunno
Looks like I replaced an electrolytic trying to get it to work. I was taking advice from someone on one of the forums.

And last..

Heathkit GR-78 SW receiver.
Missing internal antenna.
Needs alignment, only receives AM broadcast band.
Looks nice in heathkit green!

Well that's it! That's is my entire Ham gear, I use to have more when I was a teenager in the 90's... never thought I would be without a 2m rig.

So to recap(no pun), I want to off load all four pieces for a working(little TLC needed is OK) 10-160m all mode transceiver. If it also did 6m I'd poop myself. It really must have general coverage receive, I like to listen to SW a bunch. I will take good pics if I get some serious interest. I'm located in Indianapolis, if your curious. I do plan on upgrading to general so I can use the other bands, a working rig is a good motivator.

Would I split them all up? Under the right circumstances I would. But I would likely go the Ebay route.. HR2510 parts are fetching some good money lol.

Andrew

Ok, now I'm totally open to separating everything :blush:

I would sell the 2510's outright, and the GR-78. Would still like to trade the TS-520s for something similar. Call me crazy, but I think I would like to have SWAN rig. I like tubes over transistors. But on the other hand, I could be behind something qrp ssb/cw.

I'll let this thread ride for a bit and see where it goes.. I may delete it and make separate listings soon, as well as using eHay.

Reactions: 1 person
2510's sold!

I'm gonna clean the TS520s up and repost it... gonna target $200 price point. I found a way to normalize the finals. Working on a Philco audio amp now, then the kenwood.

Turns out a bad laptop power supply was causing enough noise that I couldn't hear anything on any of my radios, everything seems to rx well now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.