• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram D201A help please-tubes light up but nothing else comes on

Hi KneeBiter, the BA board has a heatsink with some transistor sort of glued to a cross piece to hold the heatsink, I will undo that gunk holding it IMG_4008.JPG carefully and pull the board, back soon. Thanks, Adam

If you know 100% for sure the radio was working before being shipped then something banged loose or cracked. If you are only guessing it might have worked before shipping then you are chasing the unknown. That radio has so many resistors that take abuse and the circuit board disintegrates. So looking with serious magnification will help isolated some board problems.

That brace looks to me that someone pushed on that board and it fixed an issue of bad connections so instead of the correct fix they pushed it to that position and glued that brace to keep it there. Quick fix but I would seriously inspect the entire area as it is a known problem spot.

Yes, I pulled the board, it looks good, no bad parts, no cold solder joints, I will clean the pins with DeOxit and look carefully all over. Thanks, Adam

Oh well, I refklowed the contacts for the pins on the BA board but no help. Power is in the radio but nothing on the front panel lights except when I switch from AM to USB or LSB, the SSB light does light up. Adam

No, the wire connecting the pc board to the upper socket's center pin is where you probe for synthesizer board output. Also the tap-off point for adding a digital frequency display.

Gotta wonder why there are two black plastic relays stuck to the solder side of the receiver pc board. Not a mod I'm familiar with.

OK, I'm not sure what to do next so I will take my shovel out to the back yard and give it a good burial. Again, thanks to all who tried to help. Adam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.