• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TS520s alignment issues

Oct 24, 2008
So I downloaded a manual for my new TS520s and I am try to do an alignment. I am following the manual but when I tweak the appropriate coils the S meter does not move. From what I understand I should be tuning the coils for max S meter deflection. I am pretty sure I am doing it right because I have read that section of the manual several times.

What am I doing wrong? :headbang

Dumb question here, but I'm assuming that you're trying to adjust the s meter while using a signal generator?

There should be a list of equipment that's required to do any sort of "alignment" on the radio, and it should be just before the step-by-step instructions. Do you have all that equipment?

The only stuff I need according to the manual is a VOM, tuning wand, dummy load and RF signal generator(S-meter sensitivity adjust).

I do not have a dummy load so I didn't do the drive coil alignment etc. And I do not have a signal generator so I did not do the s-meter sens adjust. I did figure out what my problem was early on... It seems the RX coils are not in the logical order I thought they were. Once I looked at the picture closer I notice the error and quickly made the rx adjustments.

I need to make a dummy load so I can continue. And that S-meter is still not right so I guess I need to use an RF generator.

Too bad I can only use the thing on 10 meters right now... I dont EVER hear anything that high. 40m is always busy. I need a mic anyway so it's no big deal right now.

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.