• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tube amplifier ?...

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
I used to run a Maverick 250 and a Phantom 500 back in the day...

Since then I went into running the transistor amps, and they have done a good job here...

But alot of things have changed over the years, and now Id like to maybe try another tube type amp, the radio will be a Cobra 2000 or one of the low drive radios...the antenna is a Imax 2k, for now hoping to go to a beam sometime in the future....the amp will be used on AM/SSB also.....pretty much just into talking dx these days..

Power wise, id like something that would swing around a kw, little more would be nice, but I like getting along with the neighbors here..

But I was wondering what tube amp would be a good one to look at these days to run ?....

Need something thats clean if possible...

If you have the Money for an OM-POWER. I have the OM2000HF its a tube AMP running easy 1KW to 2KW on all bands all so 11M. I run it with 10watt - 15Watts and gives 800 - 1.2KW with no problem. it's very easy to tune ect, but there not cheap. I run the amp with Yaesu FT 450D and very happy with it so if you have the Money go for it, always rember you get what you pay for.:whistle:

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.