• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tuning a Magnum S-9

corsair

its posible one of your clarifier variables are dirty. had that problem. i cleaned it and sligned it. i dont need to use the clarifier on ssb now

GUMBALL1 said:
I have a Magnum S-9, that I want checked, tuned and aligned. Of all the techs in the country, who is the best to send this radio to...?
Fine Tune Electronics exit 17 interstate 10 Quartzsite arizona. At least he is the best out of the 137 that I have been to. There might be someone better out there, but I haven't found him yet.

2 weeks ago i did a s-380 and this past weekend I did a s9-80 both were pretty much excellent from the factory not much work at all conversion thats pretty much it rock solid radios well atleast the 2 I did were Ive never owned one but soon will

lords said:
CORSAIR said:
lords said:
GUMBALL1 said:
I have a Magnum S-9, that I want checked, tuned and aligned. Of all the techs in the country, who is the best to send this radio to...?

send it back to magnum they will do it for free...I just had one done with a bad freq counter :) and the radio was 2 years old
no questions asked you pay shipping out and they do the rest :)

1.877MAGNUM 9
saml@rflimited.com
P.S Mr Sam Lewis rocks :)

Not totally true, they had me send one back to a guy in Tn. and he did nothing to the radio but he did give me a call and tell me that the mod limiter had been clipped and that he would not ship it back until he had repaired the limiter and this was the second time I had sent it to this same guy, I told him to box up my radio and send it back without working on it because he could'nt tell me what was wrong with my radio but he could tell me that I had to have the limiter repaired.

The problem with that radio was that it would show the be on channel 19 and all the time it would transmitt and recieve on channel 18, I have to laugh at myself because for 3 weeks it was very quiet on channel 19 and the only way I found out something was wrong with the radio I that I got bleed over from 2 passing trucks and I asked them why they were talking on channel 18 and that's when they informed me that they were on channel nineteen, so it was off one channel for who knows how long and the (tech) in tn. could not find the problem because it was intermittent.

Sounds like someone had a golden screwdriver in it.

HAHAHA :LOL: :LOL: GOOD OL' GOLDY

TonyV225 said:
2 weeks ago i did a s-380 and this past weekend I did a s9-80 both were pretty much excellent from the factory not much work at all conversion thats pretty much it rock solid radios well atleast the 2 I did were Ive never owned one but soon will
what kinda dk you see on am mode?
what kinda ssb power ya see on the s9-80

hotrod said:
TonyV225 said:
what kinda dk you see on am mode?
what kinda ssb power ya see on the s9-80

I think the s9-80 is supposed to do like 80watts as advertised. I doubt thats deadkey. I could be wrong im not too familiar with the radio.

Re: magnum!

bigun297 said:
sounds like i would'nt own a magnum,i will stick with galaxy thank you!. bigun297

erm, this topic wasn't to disturb you on owning a magnum :p most my radios are galaxy's but i do own a magnum S9 and M1
but for my main home base and mobile I run the galaxy's.

some people have a bad experience with customer care ,weather they can't explain stuff right or weather support just plain out sux's

like this topic, it was posted for information only (opinions are a dime a dozen) take it as you wish...

Fine Tune Electronics exit 17 interstate 10 Quartzsite arizona. At least he is the best out of the 137 that I have been to. There might be someone better out there, but I haven't found him yet.

Drove through there several times. He screams to much for me. Real jerk. Yells at all the folks in the town (cb'ers), calls them names and just general fighting going on (on the cb). I mean it, not only the locals fighting with him but the CB Shop acting like a fool. He was doing most of the screaming because of his BIG radio. saying how good he is and what a perfect person he is, what a head trip. I stay over at Loves one night and he talk for 6 hours straight (on 19) Said he was doing this for our own good, so the locals will know who the radio king was, no one was going to talk over him:w00t:........lol But it is entertaining:pop: if you go threw there listen. Or tap on your mike a couple times, he'll come back screaming. I do it's funny.

I even Stopped in once to see if he could look at my radio but between his yelling and bouncing all over the place I gave up.:thumbdown: On my way back I heard several drivers mad because he had their radios for months and they couldn't get them back. No PHONE number that should tell you something. Wow, glad I kept going. If this is the best out of 137 guess I'll never get mine fixed in Quartzsite, AZ now the Gambler is gone, now he was the best.;)
The Wass.

s9

WHEN I GOT MY 1ST MAGNUM S9 {WITCH I STILL USE EVERYDAY} IT WAS A MADE IN THE USA MODEL, ITS ON THE FRONT AND BACK , AND ITS A VERY NICE RADIO AND THERE IS REALLY NOTHING TO DO BUT CHANGE OVER THE PCU . NOW I HAVE ORDERED A FEW FOR PALS AND THEY ALL SAY MADE IN CHINA NOW :sad: BUT THEY STILL SEEM TO BE DECENT RADIOS. THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE HAD WAS WITH MY MADE IN THE USA MODEL AND THE ECO BOARD WENT OUT AND NOBODY AROUND HERE COULD COME CLOSE TO REPAIRING IT LOL.SO SENT IT BACK TO MAG AND GOT IT DONE FREE WITH ONLY PAYING SHIPPING OUT AND IT WAS 3 YRS OLD AT THE TIME. THEY ALSO INSTALLED NEW MOSFT. FOR FREEE . I GUESS THEY SAW SOMETHING I DIDNT. MY TECH WORKED AT ELKIN {BUILDING HAM AMP} FOR 10 YRS AND HAS A ELECTRONIC EGINER. DEG HES IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN . WHEN IT COMES TO THOSE OLD GLASS BOXES AND STEAL TUBES HES GOT GUYS FROM SHY TOWN TO FL THAT COME TO SC TO GET THERE RADIOS AND BOXES FIXED, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MAGNUM ITS BEST TO SEND IT BACK TO MAGNUM. I HAVE THE S45 AND THE S6 AND THE S45 WOULD BE I MO THE BEST BASE RADIO BUT I ALSO LIKE THE S9 AS U CAN SEE FROM MY POST.:pop:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.