• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turkish Regime Revokes Ham Tickets!

Why did you say that, as that doesn't make much sense? Turkey has been one of our best ally since/during WWII. A democratic republic with courts of law. However, I would have agreed with you that Putin's stinkfoot has been trying to take over Turkey; maybe that is what you're a-smellin' . . .

Why did you say that, as that doesn't make much sense? Turkey has been one of our best ally since/during WWII. A democratic republic with courts of law. However, I would have agreed with you that Putin's stinkfoot has been trying to take over Turkey; maybe that is what you're a-smellin' . . .

In the past I would agree with what you said. But this current regime has taken a more "Islamist," and less secular approach. The failed coup was a reaction to the loss of personal liberty. See video bellow.

We've witnessed the loss of portions of the Ukraine due to Russian infiltration and the nature of the Russians need to control their world by using infiltration and political tactics to attain it - still. I see no difference in what has happened in Turkey, as there is a large Russian presence in Turkey, using these same methods to create a coup. Russia wants to take Turkey in the same way they took the Crimea, since it was successful. The Bosphorus region is a pivotal place for the Russians to hold, since they also have designs on Greece, also undermining that gov't. The Russians have been emboldened by their success in Greece and the Ukraine; who says the domino theory isn't real? If it wasn't before; it now appears to be real . . .

Update: I just been informed this story "may" be an internet hoax. Does anyone know any Turkish Hams?

... a paste from another site,........
"Tevfik TA1HZ (part of the TC Special Wireless Activity Team TCSWAT) was kind enough to email me the following information:

“Dear OM,

as of this time there is no curfew imposed on amateur radio in Turkey. The country is now under “extraordinary circumstances law” but BTK The Communications Authority has not released any announcement about ham radio restrictions. Some local professional radio and tv stations have their licences revoked but there is no information about any restrictions for amateur radio."

Reactions: W2EKG and LeapFrog
'Extraordinary Circumstances Law'. That is just another way of saying 'Marshal Law'. Erdogan may be over-reacting a little; but chalk it up to being very careful. All that stinkfoot Putin Gazprom money bought him huge influence, and he isn't done yet . . .
What is his next move?
Invading Syria?
Maybe . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.