• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner CS3 Special

TD126

Oct 18, 2013
Does anyone have info on a Turner CS--3 Special Mic? I have searched everyone of the engines Google, Yahoo, MSN etc to find nothing. It doesn't appear to be a power mic. I have one coming today I picked up cheap. Needing technical info on it if it is available anywhere. Looks just like a +3, Super Sidekick etc. Thanks for any help.

I had the CS1 which was a powered mic. If memory serves me, It looked and wired up just like the Turner plus 3 except that it had a gold color paint job . Not sure about the CS3. It may be the non-powered mic they made for PA business systems. There is another old thread on here that mentions the CS3 but the link they provided no longer works.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/meters-mics-other-accessories/16287-turner-cs-1-a.html

I have the CS-1 as well, and ditto what Ratso said. And you're right, there's nothing on the web about them. I'm only guessing, but could it be the number of mic wires? 4 wire vs. 5 wire? I saw a couple of CS-3's on the web, and they appear to have a gain control just like the CS-1 (unless the picture is wrong). If it doesn't have a gain control, perhaps it is like the Johnson mike seen here: CBRadioMagazine.com - Johnson Messenger 250 50th Anniversary CB Review

Wire it up and see what she does!

RT307

Don't know yet

It came supposedly wired up for 4 pin. I hooked it to my RCI 2980 and it won't do anything. The plug doesn't "Feel" right on the fit either. I will take it with me next time I go see my Tech and see what happens.
It looks just like the Johnson with exception it has the lock down for PTT Bar. No battery compartment or variable adjustment just pain mic. Thanks for the input!

Just an FYI; I just did an audio frequency output test on a Turner +3 (I'm sure identical to your CS3) and got around 250-2750hz output. So, although a worthy performer, don't expect Hi-Fi audio with this microphone.

Thanks

Thanks Guys. I may get my "Stuff" together today and try to solder the wires to the connector. I have a "Tremor" in my hands and very difficult to solder the very small stuff without making a freaking mess. It is so frustration, especially when I "used to be" and expert welder....It is inherited from my Daddy's side. Rest his Soul.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.