• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner JM+2/U 9 volt ok?

I am not sure how well I can salvage the original contacts, and they are rivited to the board, and that board is rivited to the main board. I like to have backup plans
I don't know how well received this idea will be, in the past I have used a small exacto knife (small/angled razor blade) to get in and scrape the surface layer and any corrosion on the contacts away.

Fiberglass tipped brushes might work also, there is plenty of original metal left. It just looks like some surface corrosion, should have no problem re-useing the factory tabs.

I don't know how well received this idea will be, in the past I have used a small exacto knife (small/angled razor blade) to get in and scrape the surface layer and any corrosion on the contacts away.

Fiberglass tipped brushes might work also, there is plenty of original metal left. It just looks like some surface corrosion, should have no problem re-useing the factory tabs.

I don't see many options other than sanding, scraping and other aggressive methods. I will probably try to neutralize the inaccessible areas to keep it from spreading too much.

Reactions: LeapFrog
I don't see many options other than sanding, scraping and other aggressive methods. I will probably try to neutralize the inaccessible areas to keep it from spreading too much.

Have you tried some white vinegar? I've been using it to clean corroded battery contacts, seems to work. Just need to go back through with alcohol once you're done to neutralize and clean out the vinegar.

Have you tried some white vinegar? I've been using it to clean corroded battery contacts, seems to work. Just need to go back through with alcohol once you're done to neutralize and clean out the vinegar.
I have only used baking soda on stuff like that, but vinegar would be much less messy. The batteries are a few days out, so I have been working on other stuff for now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.