• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

turning on lamp.

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
have one of those lamps where u touch the top of it and it comes on.everytime i key up it turns on....tv and everthing else isnt botherd by the radio.is this normal ?

I had one also. Was running a Siltronix 1011. Always had a 9 noise level on receive. The light kept turning on by itself. So finally checked to see if the radio was doing it. The light was in another room. Verified it was the radio turning on the lamp. Decided to unplug lamp so it wouldn't keep turning on. After unplugging the lamp the noise level dropped to normal levels.

Normal, My wife always knows if I am on the radio when I get home. The touch lights on the table by the front door always come on as soon as I hit the driveway if I'm transmitting. :sneaky2:

If I set in the driveway and talk the lights will go from off to Med and High and then back off the whole time

I had a el cheapie sold by Dollar General that did that if i ran anything over 25 watts. It found itself in the trash can, LOL.

Touch lamps are a piece of crap IMHO. They almost always trigger on RF and almost always cause RFI. I do not have any and refuse to allow any in my house. Then again I may be biased since when they first came out I got nailed by a faulty lamp. I touched it and got the shock of my life. Literally. :eek:

I have the same problem with a new Samsung 24" TV I bought lately. It has a touch panel on front. Nothing else in the house responds to RF like this thing does; unfortunately other hams have reported the same issue with this model :(

I have a problem with the touch lamps as well. Wondered why the lamps built into my headboard were on, when nobody had gone in there yet. It only happened on certain HF bands, which is funny too. Anyways, it caused plenty of RFI. Massive RFI I should say, when those lights are on. I moved the antenna, problem solved.

Clap on Clap off

I might be flushing my neighbors toilet when I key up on my rig . My touch lamp comes on but I am running a 10 meter antenna in the Attic . Its your signal setting those darn lamps on . My wife thinks its better then one of those equelly dumb clap on clap off !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.