• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

undien grant lt

N

nvcowboy25

this maybe a lost cause but a undien grat lt still avabile and if i find one who has or who has used one of these radio are the any good i have had a pc78ltw for a while and relly like it would like any input what so ever are they modable and what are they simalier too ie 148 or what

Grant XL / LT basically the same radio / very GOOD AM/SSB radio .....easily modded for more channels and very good receive on those.Really don't have to do to much to those radios other then a light tune up or tune down to run a amp if need be. They stopped making those a few years ago but they are still fairly easily gotten , the older 148s are very simlar to those unlike the newer ones ...even though I've had the newer model .....I personally thought it also performed very nicely unlike others who have put them down ? Sometimes I think it can just depend on who works on them and hopefully knows what there doing. Good Luck to you

i want a lt lol

i am killing my self trying to find a lt with no luck there is a xl on ebay but for some reson i want the hard on to find no luck thuse far .

help

say you was looking for one were would you look i have looked all thought ebay gogleed it look at like 600 pages but still have not found one for sale and here in ct texas there ant shit for shops so if you all have the 411 let me please

hum

how close to a 148gtl new version is a grant lt other then cosmetic stuff

You will find many on Ebay , IM no expert on the differance between a 148GTL of today and a Grant XL/LT of yesterday .....other then the word has been that they just don't come close to the performance of the XLs and LTs ....Why ? ....I hear cheaper made and that they have problems with drifting on SSB and parts are cheaper ....as I said ......IM no expert but I did own one of the newer 148s and I personally did not have a problem with the one that I had ....for all that I don't know ? it could have been another mans piece of junk ? for me it worked just fine.I would agree to the fact that the LTs/XLs at least seemed to have better receive then the newer 148s but again I say .....mine seemed good enough for me. You find a lot of perfectionist around these parts NVC 25 .....and I can understand the way they feel about radios and what not .....IM not one of them. IM just a radio operator who knows how to settle with what i have within reason and to what works for me and my likings. You look on Ebay ....IM sure you could get a decent one for under 100.00 shipped .....just make sure you check the sellers feedback section and make sure he doesn't have very many bad marks against him ....you can even write them with questions that might help your conscience somewhat before the end of the auction or if you decide to bid on one. Other then that ......you might go through out the cb radio forums on the internet ......most of them have swap and sell sections where you might find one your looking for. Good Luck to you

hum

thank you switch kit i relly want a lt but i have not seen one i relly like how the look and if the perfomace is any thing like the pc78ltw i have well it should be good but from my resherch i have had looking one i find the 148 gtl is the same radio just with corbras square face and the wierd thing is i all ready have a good radioe in each of my vehicals rci2950dx and in my wifes a midland model 1000 with a uniden mic it does her good but any way .thank you

Switch Kit is right there are still Grant XL's and LT's out there to be had. I found several new XL's at a local shop and bought two of them. I also bought a new Lt off ebay last year for $99.00. I have quite a collection of Grants, but it seems like the prices fluctuate on ebay, and right now there arent to many being listed, so just keep watching and you will get one.

X RAY TECH said:
Switch Kit is right there are still Grant XL's and LT's out there to be had. I found several new XL's at a local shop and bought two of them. I also bought a new Lt off ebay last year for $99.00. I have quite a collection of Grants, but it seems like the prices fluctuate on ebay, and right now there arent to many being listed, so just keep watching and you will get one.

I just picked up an "LT" off ebay for $55.....I'll let ya know how it works out

-TSG

dam it man

i must get relly old e-bay cause i have been looking for a few days now only xl damitit man

Thestonerguy said:
X RAY TECH said:

I just picked up an "LT" off ebay for $55.....I'll let ya know how it works out

-TSG
nice steal if it aint broken and no mods have been done or mods that have been done to it that was workong proply..

The one I got off ebay for $99 was new in the box with everything there. In recent months I have seen Grants go for big money used, and then several weeks later they are cheap. I think the Grants are very popular and the last time I looked there were slim pickings on ebay. But if you wait you should be able to pick one up NIB at some point. There are probably some at cb shops you just have to check around. I dont remember where but I did see a site somewhere that had LT's new, and if I find it I will post a link.

FYI GRANT XL

There's a Grant XL that just popped up on EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uniden-Grant-XL...815947970QQcategoryZ40058QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And my FYI is that the unit pictured is NOT the one forsale. The seller took a picture of a Grant XL from my website. I don't don't care if someone does that, but IMHO it would be nice if they mentioned in the auction that the unit pictured wasn't actually the one for sale.

-TSG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.