• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

undien grant lt

I just picked up an "LT" off ebay for $55.....I'll let ya know how it works out

-TSG[/quote]
nice steal if it aint broken and no mods have been done or mods that have been done to it that was workong proply..[/quote]

Update - Grant-LT arrived today. Wasn't packed well, but must be a tough sucker 'cause everything works, and apparently no mods, so I'm happy! Keep your eyes on Ebay because deals like this go fast (I did the buy-it-now only minutes after he posted it).

-TSG

almost got a lt off ebay

almost got my lt off ebay but a the last seconad some one out bid me as i was rasing my bid and dam it it was new in the box uuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkk the search contienus dam ebay for like 2 days i was high bidder ........"

The Grant LT or XL radios are the best mobile CBs you will ever buy! Solid chassis! When Uniden was making boards for Dynascan (Cobra), the 148s were awesome too. All the new 148s are junk! If you find a Grant in good shape, even if it is not working, a reasonable tech can bring it back from the dead! You should have seen the abortion Justin worked on last week! The VCO would not lock, some IDIOT thought it would be a good idea to add a crystal kit, they "volted" the final which only destroys it; it was a mess! Other than the ANL/NB switch being ruined by the crystal kit, the radio is back to 100% and sounds great!

While shopping e-bay, see if you can find a grammar 101 book too! I know this sounds harsh, but your posts are not doing you any favors. They show you are either illiterate, or lazy; both of which have no excuse in this day and age. I know, some people out here will tell you that this is only a CB forum or that this is only the Internet, but good God man, have some self respect! At least get the capital letters and punctuation in the right spots!

I sure wish they would turn on the spell check feature of this BB!

hum

hey master chife thank you for your kind words but here are some for you -------------------------

hey master chief, this is his topic of discussion, he can spell however he wishes and it was late in the day for his response. he wanted to go quickly and move on to better things. non-sence to hack at him. it would be more pleasent for us all to be among radio critics than grammer critics.
and the topic is: lack of available grant radios.
hey cowboy!!! i am seacomm22 on ebay. i also had the high bid in for that radio up to $100.00. i been emailing the owner and he has another brand new lt. give him an email. he would like to sell it for $165.00 including shipping. but he does not want to list it on ebay because of fees. i had a deal with him for $150. plus $15 shipping but i wont pay more than $150 for the whole deal. give it a shot. if you need his email. i think ive still got it in me ebay watch list and or my regular email.let me know.

soxxs22 said:
hey master chief, this is his topic of discussion, he can spell however he wishes and it was late in the day for his response. he wanted to go quickly and move on to better things.

More excuses.

I'd just like to see people make an effort and show a hint of self respect. I think peer pressure is the best way to show the rest of the communication world that CB operators are not inbread idiots with a microphone. Illiteracy should not be justified, condoned, or ignored.

If you can't take the time to post a message using skills learned in the third grade, wait until a time where you can.

Last you'll hear from me on this subject.

Off-topic

Cool, that means that I can spout off and you won't say anything more on the subject. Unless, of course, you want to be seen as a fibber, as well as highly lacking in understanding. The man was able to communicate his thought well enough for us to understand him. I agree, he lacks basic third-grade grammar and punctuation skills, but that shouldn't make him the butt of your self-righteous outbursts.

As for peer pressure, take some of your own advice, and go with the flow of the posts directed at you suggesting that you be more understanding. If you are passionate about grammar and about seeing it used properly in this forum, then start a post to that effect in the general posting area. I'm sure there is one other person on this forum who shares your passion. There might be two more, but that's probably stretching it.

On-topic

I, too, think highly of the Grant and its various incarnations. While I don't think it is the best mobile ever, it certainly is a versatile and expandable radio. My personal choice for best mobile (in the 40-channel CB class) would be any one of the 40-channel Galaxy models over the past several years. They have exceptional modulation with the right work, and they have VERY good receive quality and sensitivity.

DTB Radio said:
I'm sure there is one other person on this forum who shares your passion. There might be two more, but that's probably stretching it.
Its a sad sad day when we allow the dumbing down of America to be acceptable. ;)

DTB Radio said:
On-topic

I, too, think highly of the Grant and its various incarnations. While I don't think it is the best mobile ever, it certainly is a versatile and expandable radio. My personal choice for best mobile (in the 40-channel CB class) would be any one of the 40-channel Galaxy models over the past several years. They have exceptional modulation with the right work, and they have VERY good receive quality and sensitivity.
;)
The Galaxy radios suffer from poor solder jobs, poor quality parts, thin boards, dirty receivers, etc. I know why people love them, most of it has to do with "extras". They have their place, but they are no Uniden Grant when it comes to quality! I only wish the consumers would stop accepting crap from Peng and demade a quality radio at an acceptable price! It AMAZES me someone will pay $425.00 for some of these mobiles!

The jury is still out on the Stryker radios because we haven't had a chance to see them yet, but at least this issues mentioned above have been heard and received! We may final get a quality radio again! Don't get me wrong, its still a CB and no way near the quality of a ICOM/Kenwood/Yaesu.

I only want the BEST for you and for me!

BTW DTB, I love the front cover of the Texas Star! Those are cool! Can I get one with an American Flag?

I totally agree with you on those over priced high dollar Galaxy's ......What a joke !!! ......but then again ....to each his or her own ....folks just tend to like what they got (there dime,there time) .....that's all that really matters. Stryer radios huh ? ....sure looks like a RF-Limited knock off to me !! .....Hmmm hear tell there even made by the same folks Hmmmmm ? ......this Internet stuff really tends to blow be away sometimes ...tends to make me wonder who and the hell is truly on the up and up to begin with ? Business 101 surely comes to mind so very often. hmmmm ....one miniute I hear how one shop calls Magnums/RF-Limited radios junk !! but then if moneies involved ,now these Stryker radios will be the bomb from the same people ? .....I suppose folks can get better at what they do over a period of time ....but money talks and bull$it walks !!! Business 101 ......how much stuff do I have on my shelves ? and how much of it do need to get rid of to make a profit and keep my doors open for business ? ALL OF IT !! and it really don't matter if the stuff is total crap compared to other stuff ......it's what I have and it's got to go and as far as IM concerned .....crap or not ? It's the best your going to get for your money buddy !!! (-: ......IM no expert here but I've had Grants / old and new /148s old and new /Midlands /old and new / ect.ect.ect. Were some better then others ? You bet'cha !!! but did they all work ? You bet'cha !! ....same goes for amps ....weather one was better then the other ? They all worked !! yeah ...I want whats best for me which may not even come close to whats best for you ....and the only people I talk to on the radio are the ones that can hear me and the ones that I can hear in my receive ....weather there on a Rat Shack 29.99 back pocket special or a Mojo Galaxy 95T Deluxe radio !! makes know differents to me as long as I can hear and understand what one is saying and visa versa. (-:

Yep, I agree.....mostly. But, one's opinion does not make a radio, "the best". At least, not when speaking of quality.

I know of only ONE person who has seen the Stryker radio prototype. I wasn't so lucky. If there was more than one, I'm not aware of it. I DO know that it is not a knock off and employs new technology. I don't even know who actually assembles the radio.

The proof is in the pudding and it will be great to see one. I KNOW everyone will be talking about them! I just hope they either eliminate or have another option for the blue lights! I hate blue lights! It blurs your vision!!! That's why BlueBlocker sunglasses work so well, they block the blue light which is PROVEN to blur your vision! But, some people do like the blue lights despite this fact.

i'll pick this up in a future thread. This one has strayed enough.

thank you

funny how my imbread ass with my winders computer got a new in box uniden grant lt off ebay with bad spelling and grammer and all thank you all for your respones and were you in the the navy master chief ps it was rather rude of you to hijack my theard and to down grade me like that how ever i am a forgiving person and well not hold it aginest you because who am i to judge as i am also in they army for a little while longer and have leared to tolaret ingonece from other pepole .

congradoolations, i moost have mis thaat radeo on thi auktion. was sit a biy now item? how mooch did ou pai? oopppsss, mi speeling is alittle ovf!!! master cheif , help mee!!!!! :LOL:
ok no more , im sorry!!!! peace

Congratulations on the Grant NVC! You will really enjoy that radio! This is one of those keepers that you never sell because finding a virgin one is not easy to do.

I recommend you contact Justin and have him go through it for you! His upgrade to the NPC/RC mod is fantastic! If you want an upgraded receiver, he can do that for you too!

As to my stance on literacy in the USA; I will continue to have more regard for my fellow Americans than they do for themselves and never accept illiteracy or laziness as being OK. I will try to be a bit more tollerant in the future though. Please don't take offense if I need to ask what you are trying to say, or edit your post when responding to it.

kool

ok apploge acctepeted and thank you how ever you failed to answer my ? if you were in the navy and i wannna keep it stock
if i need extre channles i got a rci 2950dx how ever what is a npc mod and the recive on this one rocks out the box .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.