• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

undien grant lt

I own a Grant XL as well as a LT. I see no need (although it may improve the radio) to do a mod on a perfectly good radio. More equipment has been screwed up than has been fixed unless the right person does it. If myself or nvcowboy or whoever is satisfied with the radio as is ("it rocks out of the box") why jack with it? Sometimes the perfection some reach far is not atainable without first improving the piece of equipment (ie upgrade from a grant to a yeaseu).

JMHO

Re: kool

nvcowboy25 said:
Were you in the navy? What is a npc mod and the receive on this one rocks out the box .

Yes, but it is irrelevant.

The NPC/RC mod is the "Negative Peak Compression/Reduced Carrier" mod. Read about it here:
http://www.cbtricks.com/members/kd6tas/npc-1.htm
Justin does a few things different here to improve on this mod.

The MOSFET or GasFet mod improves an already fantastic receiver by increasing sensitivity and reducing noise. Instead of using the standard bipolar transistor in the receiver, this part gets replaced with a MOSFET or a GasFet. Other component changes are necessary to support the new parts.

Both of these mods are internal and improves the performance of your radio. There are no external indications that there has been any modifications done. You will hear the difference and your friends will too!

Justin designed the Gasfet mod. Bill Good designed the original MOSFET mod.

thank you

ok thank mc i was wondring if you were in the navy cause i was in the army tell yesterday and it is good to talk to other service mebers even if they have loud opions lol thank yous for the link to npc mods .rangers lead the way

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.