• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unexpected CB radio movie

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
I thought i had seen all the campy 70's CB movies, but i ran across a movie on youtube last night that features CB radio quite prominently, even if it's not the main subject matter of the movie.

the movie is called 'Supervan'. it can be found for free on youtube.

This movie is classified as vansploitation LOL.

It is everything you would expect it to be, and more.
Campy performances, terrible direction, stereotypical story telling... you know. all the things we love about old 70's movies!

This one features lots of CB radio talk, and even features a PAL VFO used as some futuristic device in the supervan!

add to that an appearance by 'Uncle Leo' of Seinfeld fame, and even a short cameo by none other than Charles Bukowski playing a dirty old man (big stretch there LOL)

I haven't finished the movie yet, but what i've seen already has produced quite a few chuckles, if not an actual laugh.
heck, they even tackle climate change and big oil to some degree.

Maybe im one of the few who hasn't seen this one, but if you're looking for some good old fashioned CB nostalgia, i recommend it.
LC

Haha, there was absolutely no real plot or point to the movie, horrible, but i have seen waaaay worse. But the vans were awesome and the old cars as well. Made me wish i could find one of those vans for a new mobile build.

Reactions: TheRATT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.