• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 76 repairs

longhaireddwb

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Picked up a Uniden pc76XL for 10.00 bucks. I talked him down from 20.00 bucks because is stinked like burnt components. Got it home and found the final plus R123 toasted. The final had a hole burned thru it. So I dug up a parts radio Cobra 29LTD and pulled R123 to replace the resister and R56 just to be safe as it looked burnt but tested good. Now I'm trying to figure out what final was in this radio as with the hole and being toasted I cant read it.

I took a C2078 and installed it and I have a nice carrier now but it only swings one more watt. than the carrier power. So its got audio getting thru but...

Any ideas?
What is the proper Final to use?
I dont think it had a 1969 as it was a little bigger in size than a 1969.

Thinking you ment the 2078. Thanks for your reply. I pulled the audio transformer out and put in the one from the cobra and no difference. D8 tested good so I guess its time to check on the audio chip. Got a bunch of those laying around. But ive never seen one just barely work.

I noticed that if I adjust VR4 Modulation pot, That I get no change. This is making me think its before the VR pot. I'll check back tomorrow and see if anyone has any comments as its beer 30 now and I dont drink and solder. Ha.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.