• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden 980 discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
IBTL.

Loving how Mark Sherman gets upset about Leap Frog's video and has his shill come here to WWDX to attack him using a thread that's been dead for 6 months.

Must have struck a nerve there, Leap Frog.

AM broadcast engineers know the benefits of modulation in excess of 100%. Maybe they should go their local truck stop and let the dude in the cb shop give them an education.

This is what's wrong with AM on the ham bands. Many strong carriers but you can't hear the guy with piss weak modulation.

Reactions: LeapFrog
My First (online) Hater, I'm Proud.
I Must be Doing Something Correctly, After All!
Even If That Only Entails Remaining Honest and not blowing smoke up people's a&&*.
345844.jpg

Man, I sure hope this post contains no typographical errors!

If I was to be honest, full disclosure.
I'd say Mark did manage to influence my thinking (towards a generally positive direction) early on when I first got into CB radio, but later on I realized I was more or less just being pitched to; in the disguise of informative video, but in the end it was always some story about how "exclusive the (fine) tune is" and the content shallow, not truly informative, more or less leading you on, to the ultimate end-game....

I guess that is fair, marketing. (however deceptive it truly is)
But the shit Rabbi does is straight-up 100%
Guerrilla Marketing Strategy for the Social-Media age, I can recognize you are an extension of Mark Sherman.
It is all over YouTube, you help him make sales.

When you get caught puffing your chest out, don't send a dislike crew to someone's personal channel.
(That shows you, he is morally corrupt! <-- Nice character argument, write that down lol)

Accept that you got it wrong and do better, move on, don't make the same mistakes over & over, Scot Johnson. Mark Sherman.

I haven't bothered to waste my time on this dislike / like shit, it is weak-sauce.
You are weak-sauce Scott/Mark.
Comes here talking about facts, but cannot debate using facts.
Figure that one out?!

Last edited:
Reactions: dave457
My First (online) Hater, I'm Proud.
I Must be Doing Something Correctly, After All!
Even If That Only Entails Remaining Honest and not blowing smoke up people's a&&*.
345844.jpg

Man, I sure hope this post contains no typographical errors!

If I was to be honest, full disclosure.
I'd say Mark did manage to influence my thinking (towards a generally positive direction) early on when I first got into CB radio, but later on I realized I was more or less just being pitched to; in the disguise of informative video, but in the end it was always some story about how "exclusive the (fine) tune is" and the content shallow, not truly informative, more or less leading you on, to the ultimate end-game....

I guess that is fair, marketing. (however deceptive it truly is)
But the shit Rabbi does is straight-up 100%
Guerrilla Marketing Strategy for the Social-Media age, I can recognize you are an extension of Mark Sherman.
It is all over YouTube, you help him make sales.

When you get caught puffing your chest out, don't send a dislike crew to someone's personal channel.
(That shows you, he is morally corrupt! <-- Nice character argument, write that down lol)

Accept that you got it wrong and do better, move on, don't make the same mistakes over & over, Scot Johnson. Mark Sherman.
i think the 980 was built to a price and they probably said hey cost to much so there probably slowing down on production or are over stocked.

"Reduced Performance"
By what standard?

You Sir, are an idiot.
Seriously, you do not know any anything about this particular radio.
You know NOT what audio frequency response characteristics it posses, you know nothing about the RF power level or configuration, whether or not the internal pre-amp or some form of external processing is being used, what G*D Damn Performance loss are you dreaming of!...

It can process the audio I'd like to use, so a MINUSCULE trade off some place is acceptable; such is life, you must have compromise, lest I look at life through your distorted lens.

How dare you open your mouth and speak of things, that which you have no concrete knowledge of, you cannot quantify anything about the performance of this radio, not one iota.
Keep my name out of your posts from now on, and I'll consider returning the "favor".
K. THX. BYE.

2 Can play at your game.
Yet another tactic of yours, straw man argument/distraction.
Reduced performance my ass, this radio is unique, there is only one like it in the world.
But, I own several radios that are compatible with the circuit & the board is not too hard not hard to manufacture at home, if you are skilled enough.

Build something for yourself, so you have something in your hands to measure, or you could just step off the soap-box and shut up.

Best part is.. bro... The schematics are freely available for what this radio has installed, one could say it is "open source", to a degree.

I can repeat this process all day long, and the measurements confirm my results, every time!

That means the scientific method applies here, BUCKAROO!
My results are repeatable, unlike that which your obscure dogma should like to portray.
I have MEASUREMENTS, while all you have is your RHETORIC!

Grow the hell up dude, open your eyes.
This is a purpose built radio, not some Stryker with a few cap and resistors modified at $100 to $300 dollars of "work". The fine "Tune" is a joke, brothers he's changing a few parts, like 50 cents worth of discrete components to modify a few component values, the rest is all smoke and mirrors.

While his work may be repeatable, he doesn't clearly state what you are getting for all that money, I know one thing the audio is not adequate for my taste!
How do you like them apples.

You are a charlatan who abuses CB enthusiasts, online & over the air!
Simply put, you are a radio bully.

For all the "shaming and exposing" you've done to regular people, you shall reap your reward on public forums, immortalized forever.

The "attack", is over once your brigade stops harassing my channel, I know it is your crew.

You're just salty, now that people are noticing the charade; the wool you've placed over their eyes.
Only a charlatan could possibly claim that a reduction in carrier Power results in increased transmitting distance. I would never make such claims.
Speech processing and speech compression are much more effective means to accomplish that objective. To say otherwise is blatantly dishonest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.