• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIDEN BEARCAT 880 BEEP REMOVAL

OldTech03

Dec 15, 2017
I don't know if anyone cares about this one way or the other but I had a customer the other day that asked while I was repairing his 880 if I could eliminate the damn beep so after I brought it back to life I did some circuit tracking and came up with this in about 20 minutes or so.
UNIDEN BEARCAT 880 BEEB REMOVE IMAGE.jpg

The first generation 980 has a annoying beep when you change channels. They made the second generation 980 so you could silence it easier but naturally I have the 1st Gen. model so I just put up with it.

Reactions: Rwb
i got both 980s wish id known about that dammed BEEPP id asked for newer radio

I can show you how to get rid of it if you can unsolder a small surface mount part it will end the beep.
its now in 1 of our noisy trucks and rarely notice it in that truck . but if i take it out i will remove that dang beep.
and yes thank you too sir

Reactions: Eldorado828
I can show you how to get rid of it if you can unsolder a small surface mount part it will end the beep.
I'm always ready to learn a solution to that problem. Hard to believe Uniden would ever think anybody would like that Noise. Thank You!

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.