• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIDEN GRANT XL OLDER PHILIPPINES

REJ

Jan 6, 2014
LOVE THESE RADIOS, I HAVE 4 WITH THE CHANNEL KITS.HAD A TECH BUILD ME THESE NEW ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO AND THIS IS THE FIRST PROBLEMS IVE HAD, BUT NEED HELP PLEASE!
LOW POWER AND LOW MOD,RX IS GOOD, PA GOOD, 2 WATT DEAD 3 WATT SWING WITH ALMOST NO MOD.NORMALLY A LOW DEAD KEY(1 1/2) WITH TONS OF MOD AND ABOUT 10 WATT SWING
CHANGED OUT AM REG WITH A NTE291, AND Q14, D12,D13 GOOD,NO CHANGE! ANY IDEAS EXPERTS? IM JUST A ROOKIE AND UNFORTUNATELY NO GOOD RADIO SHOPS IN THESE PARTS.
THANKS AGAIN,
RICK

Yea I would stop throwing parts at an unknown problem, unless you are a GM mechanic by trade........then your used to that method of problem solving.

LOL!! THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I TRIED WAS THE MIC, AND I DRIVE TOYOTA'S HAHA I GUESS THAT'S WHY I'M NOT USE TO TROUBLE SHOOTING?
I'M SURE ITS SOMETHING SIMPLE I JUST CAN'T SEEN TO FIND IT
THANKS AGAIN
RICK

12 (REAL) WATTS FROM A CB IS OUTSTANDING BROTHER .
IS IT THE AUDIO QUALITY YOUR CONCERNED WITH?

My bad,2-3 real watts only AM
10+ on SSB
AM side has onlo 2-3 with low modulation,also replaced C95 cap yet PA mode is loud.??????????

LOL!! THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I TRIED WAS THE MIC, AND I DRIVE TOYOTA'S HAHA I GUESS THAT'S WHY I'M NOT USE TO TROUBLE SHOOTING?
I'M SURE ITS SOMETHING SIMPLE I JUST CAN'T SEEN TO FIND IT
THANKS AGAIN
RICK

Sorry man just being a smart a$$. The Grant xl is a great radio, there are several smart repair minded people here on the forum. If no one can pin-point the issue then it might be time to send it off for repairs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio