• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Madison Factory Speaker??

Anybody know a good place to find the matching factory speaker for a Uniden Madison??
The speaker that came with the Madison looks good. I guess that's an understatement they look great when bookshelfed between the radio. I have both of them that I once used with my Madison. I wanted to try something different as I was beginning to believe the radio should have sounded better on the receive end after it had been refurbished. I waited a very long time until I decided to try an external speaker. I purchased a cobra sg s500.
It sounded so much better then one or even both of the original Uniden Madison speakers. For less than $60 you can purchase two of those Cobra speakers. And from my experience the received quality is far superior with the Cobra then the 30 year old Madison speaker. I think I paid $29 for it on eBay. I liked it so much I purchased another for the sonar. and the difference between the original built-in sonar FS 2340 speaker was tremendous. Just something to consider. I'm actually considering selling my Madison and want to do so with both speakers otherwise I would offer you one. Good luck either way. 73

Anybody know a good place to find the matching factory speaker for a Uniden Madison??
These are the cobras sg s500. It has a noise cancelling option, and some type of talk back. You can actually hook up a extra red wire that comes out of the speaker and plug it into what I believe would be the PA on the backside of the rig. It's to hear what you sound like. I've never used it because I don't expect too much out of it. The noise cancelling option is actually a button on the back of the speaker. When you depress it it kind of acts like the noise lowering push button on the Madison on the itself. I leave it off as I don't think it does much. If you're not interested in those options and you are interested in the Cobra speaker, they have the same one in an S100 model. It's a bit cheaper without those (imo) needless options. 73 once again20171104_180455.jpg

Reactions: Galaxy 959

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.