• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Pro 640e maybe for trade?

Galaxy 959

Feb 2, 2014
Arkansas
This radio is in Mint shape for its age. It only has 1 problem. The pots needs replaced or cleaned on the volume knob other than that its 100%. I'd really like to have a decent base for my shed so I don't need a power supply. I've ran this as a base in my home and ran it in my truck also. Made contacts all over with it. It performs well. I may or may not trade depending on what you have. Thanks!12270216_702644953168288_461217742_n.jpg 12272722_702644996501617_1670166221_n.jpg

Nice, the display seems to be working well on it also.
Yea it works like a new radio. Just the posts needs fixed. You have to find the sweet spot between like 9 and 10 o'clock on the volume knob. There is another spot around 1-2 o'clock but its way to loud in that position. The 9-10 position is perfect volume for running it as base. Works for the truck also unless its real noisy then you might have trouble hearing it.

I do have a couple I can upload, and yes, everything works as it should. It's clean, and stock.
IMG_20140605_181429_587_zpse866939b.jpg

If you need, can get another pic if you like.
~Cheers~

I do have a couple I can upload, and yes, everything works as it should. It's clean, and stock.
IMG_20140605_181429_587_zpse866939b.jpg

If you need, can get another pic if you like.
~Cheers~
Looks like a nice radio. I think it would serve the purpose for what I need. Can you still get a mic for it if the mic messes up? I think I might even have a old audoivox mic that looks just like this one. I want to make sure you know my radio does need the pots replace on the volume knob. It works but just in the positions I posted above. Its the raidio and Mic. I never bought a power cord for it because I just used the plug from my stryker in the house and the plug off my Galaxy in the truck. I think I will trade if your ok with all that. It will be friday before I can send it out. I have to work next 2 days 12hr shifts. So Friday morning I could get it in the mail. Just let me know thanks.

It takes a 5 pin DIN style plug, should be able to get one on Ebay without too much hassle. The mic is included that's in the photo, if I can find it. If I can't find it, I'll wire up one for it and include it.

I can fix the volume pot on the 640e with no problem. The biggest issue with the 640e's are the segments on the channel readout get burned out, and your's all work, so I will fix that so the readout segments don't burn out.

If you could, shoot me a PM with your shipping info and I'll get it out the beginning of next week.

~Cheers~

Reactions: Galaxy 959
It takes a 5 pin DIN style plug, should be able to get one on Ebay without too much hassle. The mic is included that's in the photo, if I can find it. If I can't find it, I'll wire up one for it and include it.

I can fix the volume pot on the 640e with no problem. The biggest issue with the 640e's are the segments on the channel readout get burned out, and your's all work, so I will fix that so the readout segments don't burn out.

If you could, shoot me a PM with your shipping info and I'll get it out the beginning of next week.

~Cheers~
Hey I sent you a PM with the info. I also ask you a question. Just let me know. Thanks again.

Exit13 is a good dude and a good tech, so I wouldn't worry much about any issues with a radio you get from him. Just my 2 pennies worth. WOID!!;):D(y)(y)

Reactions: Galaxy 959
Does anyone have contact with exit13? I'm just curious if he still wants to trade. We have a conversation started but he hasn't replied since last Wednesday. It's no big deal as I told him I was in no hurry. Just curious because if he's not interested still I might trade for something else. But want to make sure first cause if he still wants this radio I'm not going to back out on the deal.

~Cheers~
Hey I left a comment on our conversation. Check it when you have time. Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.