• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden pro 810e

old goat 321

Dec 31, 2015
I picked up a Uniden pro 810 e today for $20 bucks. Plugged it in, hooked up the antenna. Works great. Good reports on ssb. Ive never seen one before. I was just wondering when this radio was made and if there is anything i should look out for. Should i open it up and hit it with compressed air or contact cleaner? Any tips would be truly appreciated.

I believe the 810e has the same board as the pc122 & trc 465 mobiles. I used to have a 122 and loved it.. should've never sold it. I picked up a rough 465 with an expo channel kit. I always wanted to transplant the expo kit into a 810e and open the clarifier.. It was one of those future when I get around to it projects. Anyway, sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy

Reactions: NZ8N
Thanks Blackcat. From the reports i received, the freq was almost dead on. I needed a spare ssb rig. My Galaxy 2547 needs work and i have to send it out.

It's a solid SSB radio - won't drift off frequency. Honestly, it's a better SSB radio than your 2547, however your 2547 will have better audio. The biggest problem with the 810e is the led segments in the channel display burn out and it's a huge PITA to replace them. In addition to the 810e I also had the 640e which was the mobile version and used it for many years.

I've been looking for a 810e again recently and they are getting harder to find as I don't think they held up as well as some of the other base radios out there.

The Uniden Pro-810e is the same as the Realistic TRC-850. The share the same main pcb as the realistic TRC465, TRC-453, Uniden PC122xl and a few others.

The main issue is the power supply in these run quite hot & tend to fail in time. If it does you can just replace it with the guts from another external supply that had better amp spec, 5 amps is good. Also the rear of the radio gets real hot due to the 2SA1012 regulator & final and driver transistors & lack of heat sink. The 2SA1012 will fail in time. Just replace directly with a 2N6124. The audio chip runs hot in these radios too. replace when it blows. There is a small electrolytic capacitor in front of the AN612 ic on the main board, these short out & cause the chip to stop working. Replace this cap & ic too if it has failed. Also replace all large caps in radio near the 2SA1012, they are all rated for 16v replace with new ones of 25v rating same mf rating as original.

The channel led is not that hard to change I have done several. Just remove the radio face, Unsolder the channel led & replace with an original or I use a red display. BD-A501RD

Hope this helps.

Message me if you need to know more.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
It's a solid SSB radio - won't drift off frequency. Honestly, it's a better SSB radio than your 2547, however your 2547 will have better audio. The biggest problem with the 810e is the led segments in the channel display burn out and it's a huge PITA to replace them. In addition to the 810e I also had the 640e which was the mobile version and used it for many years.

I've been looking for a 810e again recently and they are getting harder to find as I don't think they held up as well as some of the other base radios out there.
I have one in mint condition if you're still interested, its a talker for sure... Dan

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.