• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden washington 2 button, PC385

skybolt58

Nov 9, 2008
Tug Hill NY
I have no receive, Well I replaced the ta7222ap and the and the MB3756 regulator, and still no receive on either ssb or AM the meter isn't even moving, I also replaced CAP 107. and still nothing, it just transmits on am and ssb?

ANY Ideas>/

It was probably the detector diodes gone open, or the detector transistor that follows the diodes gone open... should have kept it and checked those areas first... or I would have bought it off you for parts.

~Cheers~

I seen a guy that had one of those radios and he used a hammer and if I remember correctly he also used fire and he couldnt get his straightened out either :bdh::LOL:

yes, a shame, i would have given you 30 dollars for it.

please do not throw anymore radios in the garbage.
do you realize how much an MB8719 PLL chip is worth these days?
not to mention a 2SC1969 final.

thats like driving a 69 camaro off a cliff because the carburetor needed rebuilding.
LC

OK I got another uniden washington 8719, it transmits in am and ssb, it has modulation on am and ssb, and Again no receive, I changed the audio Ic and still notta, gotta try c107, but what diode are you talking about, is it D60? Hope not I can't find any locally, I did check it and it checks out OK

you bought another washington with the exact same issue? what are the chances of that? bummer luck dude.

NO It was Given to me,I was told it had LOW rec. HA Last one was a freebe also, I wonder why.. There is NO tech around within 200 miles, just tinkering, would be nice, I already changed the TA7222AP. Have spares. came out of radio's that rec, but no tx.

does it work with an external speaker?

NO and head phones nither

does the PA work?

NO But yes on TX

if you put your ear against the speaker with the volume all the way up, can you hear a hiss from the speaker? YES , and a lot of loud static wher I turn it up and down, the VOL, that is.

try touching your finger to pin 4 of the audio chip. do you year a hum from the speaker? YES what about if you touch the wiper of the volume control? YES hum?
LC

Last edited:
you bought another washington with the exact same issue? what are the chances of that? bummer luck dude.

does the PA work?

if you put your ear against the speaker with the volume all the way up, can you hear a hiss from the speaker?

try touching your finger to pin 4 of the audio chip. do you year a hum from the speaker? what about if you touch the wiper of the volume control? hum?
LC

does the PA work?

if you put your ear against the speaker with the volume all the way up, can you hear a hiss from the speaker?

try touching your finger to pin 4 of the audio chip. do you year a hum from the speaker? what about if you touch the wiper of the volume control? hum?
LC

NO It was Given to me,I was told it had LOW rec. HA Last one was a freebe also, I wonder why.. There is NO tech around within 200 miles, just tinkering, would be nice, I already changed the TA7222AP. Have spares. came out of radio's that rec, but no tx.

NO and head phones nither

does the PA work?

NO But yes on TX

if you put your ear against the speaker with the volume all the way up, can you hear a hiss from the speaker? YES , and a lot of loud static wher I turn it up and down, the VOL, that is.

try touching your finger to pin 4 of the audio chip. do you year a hum from the speaker? YES what about if you touch the wiper of the volume control? YES hum?
LC

v

skybolt, just so you know, the reason your posts arent getting through is because you are attempting to put your answers inside the
boxes.

when you quote someone elses post, you have to put your response outside those boxes, otherwise the forum will not recognize that you yourself have posted anything.

somehow in a PM it works? dunno about that one. LOL
LC

I found the problem, it was a bad cap. c213. no where near the audio amp? go figure, I replaced it, too bad another 10v. all I had. but it recieves GREAT NOW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.