• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden washington blead over.... :(

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
my uniden washington has no channel rejection this bleed over from other people is killing me. I can here a few people 15Ch away making it hard to DX on 38lower.

I think it is time get a different radio.
ok end of Ranting... :headbang

Last edited:

you may just have some caps going bad in the radio. it is old enough they are getting weak.change all the 10 volt caps in it 1st and see how it does. put 16 to 25 volt caps in their place and should clear up your problem. it would only cost s few dollars if you can do it your self.

you may just have some caps going bad in the radio. it is old enough they are getting weak.change all the 10 volt caps in it 1st and see how it does. put 16 to 25 volt caps in their place and should clear up your problem. it would only cost s few dollars if you can do it your self.

How are the electrolytics going to affect adjacent channel rejection?

This is clearly an IF filter problem. More to the point, leakage around an already marginal filter.

How are the electrolytics going to affect adjacent channel rejection?

This is clearly an IF filter problem. More to the point, leakage around an already marginal filter.

I have 3 just recapped last year and one of them was doing the same thing and after recapping them the one that had the bleed over cleared up. just a thought .

Could also be overload due to proximity to a station that is running a lot of power and a improperly modified radio - too . . .

Lots of possibilities; you might need to sort it all first.

That's the first thing I did after upgrading all the power wire to 18 awg
I used united chemi-con caps and 3 Panasonic due to back order.

After that I had it aligned

I did the schottky diode and transistor mod but that mad no difference good or bad in that department.

Sounds like typical Washington behavior.

Or, a bunch of splattering bigs guns overloading your front end.

Yeah I think it is a combo
typical Washington behavior, and power output.
I think one guy is about 2 miles and I know the other guy is 5 miles
2 mile guy splashs me all the time the guy 5 miles only when he turns the power up to 100 watts.

I have a guy with in 1 mile with a 99v? with a bult in amp pushing 100watts don't even get any splash.

Is this the difference between single and dual conversion?

Last edited:
the other guys more than likel;y have the limiters pulled from their radios and that causes a lot of channel bleed over. that is why I like to leave my limiters in place so I do not bleed all over every one.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.