• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington PC-385 PCB Final keeps exploding

mike269

Jan 5, 2015
My Washington (MB8719) keeps blowing finals. I have gone through 2 originals and 2 Eleflows....getting to be a costly fix. I have spent days inside checking everything I could think of...Bias settings, Transistor voltages, component values in the surrounding circuitry all seem to check out ok. I can transmit on am ok, on side band with no modulation ok, but very shortly after talking into the mic you can see high current being drawn (3 to 4 amps) while power levels are at 12 watts then the Eleflows explode with a bang and shatter into several pieces and the Mitsubishi's fissile and go up in a puff of smoke.

If anyone has had this problem before can you please point me in the right direction

My Washington (MB8719) keeps blowing finals. I have gone through 2 originals and 2 Eleflows....getting to be a costly fix. I have spent days inside checking everything I could think of...Bias settings, Transistor voltages, component values in the surrounding circuitry all seem to check out ok. I can transmit on am ok, on side band with no modulation ok, but very shortly after talking into the mic you can see high current being drawn (3 to 4 amps) while power levels are at 12 watts then the Eleflows explode with a bang and shatter into several pieces and the Mitsubishi's fissile and go up in a puff of smoke.

If anyone has had this problem before can you please point me in the right direction

Hi All,
I finally fixed the fault if anyone is interested. R88 had one solder joint bad, once fixed the radio is working great.

Cheers,
WR269 Mike

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 28

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.