• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Upgrade question

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
will my qrz log book disappear when i upgrade? should i pay for the membership??

if when you get your general..
All that will change upon it showing in FCC data base is you are a General..

All the rest stays intact

I can tell you that if you get a vanity call sign - *Poof* it's gone. I think there's also a box you can check to be issued a new sequential call sign when you take/pass the test. My guess is that it would have the same affect as a vanity.

I do not know is if your logbook would remain if you pay for a membership and your call sign later changes.

Fortunately I obtained my Technician, General and Vanity within a month. I only lost a few logs, but had already traded QSL cards with those I wanted to.

I think you can keep your old call sign, no matter what. I've had this one for 45 years!

Used to be if you had a 1X3 or smaller, you were an experienced ham, from the 1960's and earlier.

Seems funny to see folks with 1X3 call signs that can't figure out how to put up a dipole and cut it to resonance.

I think you can keep your old call sign, no matter what. I've had this one for 45 years!

Used to be if you had a 1X3 or smaller, you were an experienced ham, from the 1960's and earlier.

Seems funny to see folks with 1X3 call signs that can't figure out how to put up a dipole and cut it to resonance.

Lol. a dipole? not sure about all that but i am in the process of building a colinear UHF omni:)
and i like my call its an OG K6. the general will be a breeze for me!

Thanks all for the reply's.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.