• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Using a 102" as a base

yup i also have same plans here.just for short local yaking
within 20 miles or less.i can do that with my wilson 5k in
the mobile.so a 102ss whip should easily do that

fourmmaster would ya please consider pinning these pages
to this topic at the top.theres alot of good info on here
about using the 102sswhip that would be useful for others
in the future.please consider it :idea:

I have gathered two sections of TV tower, complete 102" assembly with mount and spring. I will start photographing everything in the next week or so when I complete the parts gathering stage.

If you buy 2 stainless whips you could build a really cheap poor-mans dipole. I used to drive a peterbilt 387 with co-phased dipoles mounted 102" apart on the fiberglass fairings, and I used to talk 40 miles on AM running coast to coast-no grounding needed.

hotrod said:
sounds gfood.i wanna ctry the gpk from the imax2k on the a-99 hub.with the 6inch spring.thats my what i wanna do
please re-read my post though disreguard the typos.
wanna try 102 inch whip with
spring
radials from imax2k gpk
mounted on a99-hub
guess should have typed it like this.previous post wasnt clear

I scrapped the 102" idea because Sparky's has his A99's on sale for $49. So I made the drive and gave Sparky my lunch money and picked up a couple things. I will try to get pictures of everything soon. I am done gathering parts, finally. I am currently priming/painting my tower and getting it ready to be planted.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.