• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Using Firestik NGP for 10m?

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Has anyone tried this?? I have a 4' NGP installed on my mobile home and on 11m I get good 1.1-1.2 swr readings. I just picked up a Lincoln 2 and wanted to dabble on 10m..

I read on Firstik site the FS4 can reach up to 27.840-28.530 with 'tip' all the way in..

The NGP uses special coax for the ground plane and is rated for up to 100w.. My rig is set for about 50w max.

Well, from the FS web page: "
No-Ground-Plane antenna systems have a very specific purpose. They should be the system of choice when you have no other choice."...... Enuf said:eek:

Quite frankly, you will be MUCH better off with an antenna such as an A-99, just cut about 8 inches off the tip.

seeing as you already have the NGP FS,.. go ahead and try it...

All that "special" coax is doing is using about a 1/4 wave of the shield as a radial.

good luck,... and welcome to da forum

I got a regular 5' Firestik 2 (rated at 900w) on my truck which is always 1.1-1 or so on 11m.. Gonna try and crank that down to 10m range first.. Easier than up/down a ladder.. Worst case 10m in truck and 11m at house..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.