• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Using Loc-Tite or other liquid lock?

Hello again. I was wondering if it would be safe to use a liquid bolt locking solution to keep my antenna placed on it's mount. My antenna keeps wiggling itself loose and I've tried tightening it but I've had to replace the adapter twice because it got stripped out.

To be honest with you, I don't like the tire carrier idea at all. Your bolts are coming loose because there is too much motion.

But using a lock solution won't hurt the antenna if you keep the coax connector free of it.

-Spazmatic- said:
It's not the mount's bolts, it's the antenna coming off it's stud (that goes through the mount).

OK. Same objection for the same reason. Maybe follow the lock washer advice from M. and see what that does.

If it were my truck, I would just go ahead and put a ball-mount and spring on it. But if you con't want to drill holes you can use a bumper mount. Even with the short antenna. Blocking the signal won't be that much of a problem.

Different types of locktite - make sure you use the right one.

It goes by thread size - use the wrong type and will either not work or will work so well it can be called "lock-glue".

What you want is the blue loc-tite (220), it is removable. The red-loc-tite is permanent, it takes heating with a torch to get that stuff undone, and if you did that you would probaly ruin the antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.