• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8R Bluetooth

KD8LWX

Aug 17, 2009
Anyone tried out their VX-8R with bluetooth?

I bought the equipment.
I tried to get the headset to work with my Cell phone (since I don't know HAM I assumed testing the hardware would be a good place to start).
It finds it OK, but will not so far it will not sync.:headbang

Never mind I think it was a cell phone issue.

Review of the headset:
I find the ear piece, not as comfortable as expected. Or maybe I have funny shaped ears. I think it would be much better if it had a head band.

The microphone was acceptable, but not exceptional.
I will post more once I use it with the Radio.

anyone else have any thoughts on the bluetooth set up? I am thinking about buying the board for the radio, but I really am torn on which earpiece to get.... Anyone have a great set up they would like to share???
Thanks

I have a Bluetooth ear piece that came with my Verizon cell phone, the audio in the ear piece is far better than the audio from the phone, but that damn thing will just not stay securely on my ear.
When driving it pops right off my ear and falls between the seat and consul...usually during a call.....
Can't say that I'd want one for any of my radios....

anyone else have any thoughts on the bluetooth set up? I am thinking about buying the board for the radio, but I really am torn on which earpiece to get.... Anyone have a great set up they would like to share???
Thanks

I have an older Motorola (H700?). It fits my ears, stays in place, but I have never liked the way I sound on the other end. I have been told that the newer versions of the same ear bud are much better.

I use a Motorola Noise Cancelling bluetooth earpiece on my cell phone. It was cheaper than some of the more expensive options. This is the 3rd different one i've used and is the best so far. I bet it would work great with a radio.

Getting Headphone to Pair

I have Motorola H700 and am unable to get it to pair with the VX-8R. I have followed the instructions as best I can and no joy. :( Anybody been successful at pairing and how did you do it?

I have Motorola H700 and am unable to get it to pair with the VX-8R. I have followed the instructions as best I can and no joy. :( Anybody been successful at pairing and how did you do it?

I have been able to get my H700 bluetoothed to my VX-8R. (At least in receive mode, I don't have anyone here to play with so I can not comment on TX.)

Here is my list of dumb question to help you diagnose your issue:
Is your VX-8R bluetooth first or second Gen? The first gen Yaesu is not bluetooth compliant and will only work with Yaesu headset.
Is you H700 old or new? I don't know if it makes a difference, but mine is version "A" product number.
Did you remember to change the PIN to 0000? (Yes, I know it is simple, but sometime I get bit by the simple stuff.)

BTW, I am still looking for a better Bluetooth setup. I am not happy with the quality of sound comming out of either of the my headset/earbuds while using the mobile phones.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.