• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8R FBA-39 Question

V3N7UR4

May 7, 2009
Hi all!!

I want to buy the FBA-39 – 3 x AA Cell Battery case.
My intent is to have more monitoring time outdoors.
But in the Operating Manual, page 11, we can read: "The FBA-39 is designated for use only with AA-tipe Alkaline cells".

Does anyone experienced rechargeable cell?? Will it do the job??

Many thanks in advance,

Jose Ventura
CT5HVE

Typical rechargeable (NiCd) has a terminal voltage of 1.25V as opposed to closer to 1.5V for alkalines. The voltage might not be high enough to run the radio reliably, even fresh out of the charger.

I've tried Energizer, Duracell and Eneloop NiMH batteries in my FBA-39 and it works fine.

Hi,

Most Ni-Mh rated at 1800mAh freshly charged last about 7 hours of monitoring with RX save 1:5

Most Ni-Mh rated at 2200mAh freshly charged last about 9 hours of monitoring with RX save 1:5

Most Ni-Cad rated at 1500mAh freshly charged last about 5 hours of monitoring with RX save 1:5

Most Alkaline batteries last about 14 hours of monitoring with RX save 1:5

Most Li-ion (expensive) last about 24 hours of monitoring with RX save 1:5

At least that's what I've found so far...

Kinda a far shoot from what Yeasu said ~20hrs on Alkaline Batteries yeah right..!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.