• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8R Quick APRS Setup

APRSPerth

Sep 22, 2009
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before. Have been tasked with setting up a VX-8R for a friend and need a 'super quick' tutorial on how to setup and TX APRS positioning on a VX-8R - basically get it on air...

Anybody game :)???

Cheers, Duncan - VK6GHZ

Managed to work most of it out...

Is there any cure for the " ' " and " _ " that appears at the beginning and end of the Msg that is sent? Rather annoying to have those two extra characters in the TX string that is sent. I have used up all the spaces in the Message 1 but those two pesky characters still appear!

If you search aprs.fi for VK6GHZ-7 you will see what I mean!

Cheers, Duncan - VK6GHZ

Quick SetUp Guide

Step by step guide in .pdf format.

Attachments

• VX-8R_APRS_Quick_Reference_Guide_FEEDBACK.pdf
    893.5 KB · Views: 509
The only way I found to get rid of the "_" at the end of the message was substitute spaces. It at least makes it more readable.

The only way I found to get rid of the "_" at the end of the message was substitute spaces. It at least makes it more readable.

Thanks to all that promptly replied... I have tried that 'moleculo' but it still appears at the end of the message...

Any other idea's?

Cheers, Duncan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.