• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX8R- How do you delete Digipaths?

Hutch

Jan 26, 2009
Once you enter in a digipath how do you delete it, for the life of me I can't get it to delete one.

Yeah, I ran into that too. I just blanked out the digipath using spaces. To get the spaces, hit 0 (zero) twice.

Yeah, I ran into that too. I just blanked out the digipath using spaces. To get the spaces, hit 0 (zero) twice.

In Digi Path the zero only gives me zeros, not spaces on the second push. I think this is definately a bug in the firmware. I did get a message back from Tech support at Yaesu telling me just to overtype it which is fine except I don't need that path at all.

I thought it should just use the digi path that you selected so I have the following;

1 Wide1 -1
2 Wide2 -1
3 Wide2 -2
4 SONT2-2 (for Southern Ontario)

I set it on 3 Wide2-2 pushed PTT and assumed that it would use 3 Wide2 -2, to my surprise when I got home and checked on APRS it showed my path as Wide2-1, Wide2 -2, SONT2 -2 sumoptimal path (because it send on so many paths). Now there is no way that I know of to get them out.

If you want to see search for VE3HTU-7.

This is a problem, I think.

I haven't received another response from Yaesu since giving them more info and clarifying the issue.

I really don't want to do a factory reset. I really hope RT Systems gets the programing software out soon, hopefully you could change it via the software if not you could just do a factory reset then restore all your settings and memories.

I thought it should just use the digi path that you selected so I have the following;

1 Wide1 -1
2 Wide2 -1
3 Wide2 -2
4 SONT2-2 (for Southern Ontario)

I set it on 3 Wide2-2 pushed PTT and assumed that it would use 3 Wide2 -2, to my surprise when I got home and checked on APRS it showed my path as Wide2-1, Wide2 -2, SONT2 -2 sumoptimal path (because it send on so many paths). Now there is no way that I know of to get them out.

hehe...yeah don't do that :) As you found out, it uses all of the entries.

While editing the path, can you rotate the dial to get to the space character?

I really don't want to do a factory reset. I really hope RT Systems gets the programing software out soon, hopefully you could change it via the software if not you could just do a factory reset then restore all your settings and memories.

Yeah, I hate editing stuff on HTs by pressing the number buttons a million times. I'm looking forward to some sofware soon, too.

hehe...yeah don't do that :) As you found out, it uses all of the entries.

While editing the path, can you rotate the dial to get to the space character?

Yeah, I hate editing stuff on HTs by pressing the number buttons a million times. I'm looking forward to some sofware soon, too.

Nope there seems to be no way to get a space while in the Digi Path menu. I just tested work around that seems to work and APRS likes. Basically you go into the paths that you don't want and enter all zeros. This definitely is a bug but seeing as Yaesu doesn't have a computer interface cable, I can't see how they can fix it even with a firmware update.

Other than this problem, which is minor, I really like this radio.

I didn't have the radio with me when I replied earlier, but I picked it up and tested the same thing. Hitting zero twice doesn't work on this screen on mine, either. However, I can turn the dial to get a space, then go to the next position and do the same thing. That must be what I did to clear one of the paths I was messing with.

Now I'm really puzzled because I get no spaces when rotating the dial it goes right from numbers to letters qhilw Im in the digi path menu.

Mine goes directly from Zero to Z and at the other end goes from 9 to A in the Digi Path menu.

If you press the three left buttons on the keypad when powering up, then press the F/W key, all your memories will be wiped out.

If you press the three left buttons on the keypad when powering up, then press the F/W key, all your memories will be wiped out.

Yea that's not really an adequate work around, I know one could do a factory reset, but to remove one digipath, I'd also lose over 100 other memories, doesn't sound reasonably to me.

I get the space ONLY on the last valid digit of the entry. Inbetween - no spaces. So you have to delete from the end to the front... :headbang

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.