• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanting a good radio

As one trucker to another you dont have to spend $500.00 to sound like you have!If you want that big radio sound then go out and find a Connex 3300 or a Gen lee(same radio).Have a basic peak and tune done to the radio.NO MOD KITS!!!!!!!!Then buy a good coax.Find a shop that has belden coax.This coax has the lowest loss of any coax(least that what i was told)and you will need 18 foot of it.The lower the loss the better you will hear and get out.Then go out and get yourself a 5 foot Wilson Silver load or a Skip shooter antenna,for the money you cant beat the performance.You can have a cb shop check your swr or you can go to radio shack and buy a swr meter for $25.00 and do it your self,its not hard at all.If you shop around for a connex you may be able to find one peaked and tuned for under $250.00.If you cant talk to this man.he is one of the best techs on the east coast,(www.radioway.com)techs name is Cranky.If you go this route(its up to you)i see no reason why you should have to spend more than $300.00 and you will have that big radio sound that it seems to me is what your looking for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.