• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weird old Lambda power supply I got for free...looking for info.

iiiquaziii

Jan 17, 2014
Buffalo NY
So I've been using a modified PC power supply with my ICOM718 for a while. It works OK but doesn't really put out the amperage I need....

One of the HAMs at work gave me an old linear power supply he had kicking around for free to help me out. It says 29 amps on it, and its a heavy brick. It is a Lambda Model: M-YSP-2, but it also says Model: LYS-P-12 on it in another spot. It seems to work fine, but I'm trying to find more info on it. There is surprising little information on it on the web, other than sites offering to repair it, and I found the original price on the Lambda website ($337!!!), but that's about it. I was looking for more detailed technical specs....

Does anyone know anything about this PSU? He's had it at least 20 years....so it's fairly old.

Thanks....

Last edited:

I had something similar to that - it is now at @FatHam's house. They are VERY good supplies and will probably last longer than you or me. Lambda makes commercial grade power supplies often used in phone switching systems or other rack-mount applications. Hang on to it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.