• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What a day for DX

148 ALASKA -

Great to talk to you. Excellent signal into Colombia. You were rattlin' the windows down here. This is the time of year for late afternoon storms....Sorry. We'll talk again soon. 73s.

You got to love it when you can rattle the window's from 5,000 plus miles away...
same bat time same bat channel?
2200 UTC on 36? is that good time for you?

148, just FYI, I heard you here in downtown San Francisco on 38 LSB over the weekend, about the same time 4040 was trying out the Gain Master. I think you may have heard me too, but there was so much activity it was hard to tell.

Just my luck though, the highest solar index numbers are happening on weekdays, when I'm stuck at the office from 9 to 5. By the time I get home the sun is going down and 10/11 meters is already closed. Hopefully things will hold up until the weekend.

-Bill

I will keep an ear out for you....

World Radio 148 Anchorage, Alaska

leaving town for the weekend for a snow machine trip into the middle of nowhere Alaska cabin time you know? was told to leave the radios behind....lol , I wanted to throw some wires in a bag and go 12 volt all weekend.... oh well

Incredible Dx this weekend. Hooked up with forum member "Old Grandpa" (Marconi) in Corpus Christi. Eddie, all three of your antennas gave me about the same on the meter, but personally I liked the sound of your 7X best. Nice to finally talk to you. Strong signal with excellent clear audio. Also had a long qso with forum member, Sharpshooter (Marc - 205), in Cape Kennedy on 36 lsb. Another station with great audio out of FLA.

Late Sunday afternoon, 38 lsb became a real zoo with people whistling, playing tweety birds, tarzan yells, and the like. Went to 39 lsb, and talked to SugarBaker 1385 "Chas" in Johannesburg, South Africa. 11686 kilometers. Nice long Qso. He was dialed in to North and South America, and he talked to stations from Texas to Maine. Said he was running a barefoot 148GTL with a steel whip in his truck. Amazing. Even more amazing was the courtesy shown by operators on 39 lsb, who simply QSKed and waited their turn. I wish it was like that on 38lsb, which has kinda become the "Superbowl of Sideband."

A fun weekend.

Last edited:
Incredible Dx this weekend. Hooked up with forum member "Old Grandpa" (Marconi) in Corpus Christi. Eddie, all three of your antennas gave me about the same on the meter, but personally I liked the sound of your 7X best. Nice to finally talk to you. Strong signal with excellent clear audio. Also had a long qso with forum member, Sharpshooter (Marc - 205), in Cape Kennedy on 36 lsb. Another station with great audio out of FLA.

Late Sunday afternoon, 38 lsb became a real zoo with people whistling, playing tweety birds, tarzan yells, and the like. Went to 39 lsb, and talked to SugarBaker 1385 "Chas" in Johannesburg, South Africa. 11686 kilometers. Nice long Qso. He was dialed in to North and South America, and he talked to stations from Texas to Maine. Said he was running a barefoot 148GTL with a steel whip in his truck. Amazing. Even more amazing was the courtesy shown by operators on 39 lsb, who simply QSKed and waited their turn. I wish it was like that on 38lsb, which has kinda become the "Superbowl of Sideband."

A fun weekend.

399, I recognized your voice when I heard you talking to another. I waited and broke for you near the end and it was like dialing a MawBell number.

It was great finally hooking with you up on 38. You were fully solid with an S9+10/15 over at times even when I dropped out a bit, and with equally fine audio. Sorry I had to cut and run, we'll do better next time around.

Hang loose,

Ole' Grampa - Marconi39zero

Thanks of the call

well the snow machine trip was awesome, but I came back to no conditions...:eek: and frozen water pipes, all is ok now ... just no Dx
73 from Alaska...
Jerry

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.