• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What are your plans for field day?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Field day is right around the corner...what are your plans? I haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do this year, even though I've received a few invites. I might even keep it simple this year and do a back yard BBQ ;)

Reactions: 4 people

N0ZNA will be active here this year,and we will be on 6mtrs all modes and 10mtrs,and 20/40/75mtrs...running 4 delta,getting older and cant take Missouri wx anymore.Missed the last three yrs because of my health,but will be a ARRL on the air station,and we are on the field day site...we are just south of St Louis Missouri,and will be running 100 wtts,and will be a 10-10 station also for 10-10 numbers,and also a meet the volunteers station,73 de n0zna

Reactions: 1 person
I will be participating with my local club RARC ( Reelfoot Amateur Radio Club). We will be running 100 watts. I hope 6 meters is open cause that is where I want to play this year. More than likely I will be doing some Rtty as well. And some gota coaching too I imagine. We are supposed to have some teenage boys and girls come and check it out too. I hope it happens we need some younger people to get involved and carry on.

kj4unx

I'll be helping set-up with GBARC then off to work for the afternoon, then back first thing in the morning. We'll be running 100 watts on 80/40/20/15/10/6 and about 300 watts on 2 all modes. This year we are active in trying to get new members so we are operating at the local Conservation Authority head office in attempts of drawing more interest.

Field day is right around the corner...what are your plans? I haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do this year, even though I've received a few invites. I might even keep it simple this year and do a back yard BBQ ;)
I am with you on the bbq. I have no plans for FD other than hand out some points.

My good friend who is the EC for my county and I are setting up in the American Legion parking lot in the town I live in.

Reactions: 2 people
I just put together an MFJ-1790 portable vertical for 10 meters. l think I'm going to put it to use on FD in my back yard and see what it can do with an MFJ-9410X portable 10m transceiver.

Simple but the fun potential is big.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.