• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What one is better?

rwl48

Dec 23, 2008
MA,
I want a Turner Desk Mic. What one do you guys think is the better one? The Turner+2 or the +3? I have been reading a lot mixed reviews. If any of you have ether one of these PM me hear and tell what you have and how much you want for it.

Thanks Bob

They're both great mics. I prefer them to D104s, actually...I've always ran the +3s simply because I like the design better than the +2s. Besides that, I haven't met many people that like the baby blue appearance of the +2, but they are great mics any way. What kind of radio are you running?

they are both great mics, just sound a bit different.

IMHO, the +2 is a bit more full voiced, the +3 is sharper with good response, better for getting through and more in line with communication needs.

If you're interested, the super sidekick has the fullest response with excellent low end support!

I have a Turner +3 on my Uniden Grant LT. I like it on both AM and SSB. I had a +2 a while back, but I didn't care for it as much with my voice.

I Prefer the +3 or SSK, the +2 is a decent mic but depending upon your voice can have a bit to much low response. +2 is also a tippy bugger.... OTOH, some radios sound fantastic with the +2.

Overall, and for most radios, I would take the +3, However I do agree for AM you cannot beat the D104 in about 99% of the applications, SSB also Rocks with the 10DA head.

I have the luxury of having all of them here, makes it easy to experimeent (y)

For Ham and CB SSB use, the Turner+3 is a very good mic - no doubt about it. I have one that I just got awhile back from eBay for ~$60.
But if you are thinking about using it for CB on AM - you may be very disappointed. Most of the AM audio reports I got with my TR-696FD-1 were comments like: ''Clear modulation but it sounds like you are talking inside of a box'' -or- ''Sounds funky - but it will work''.

Needless to say, after that I used the stock Ranger mic until I can fix and use my D104 - which got better audio reports...

Thanks to All.

Thank you all for your help and comets. It ends up I was giving a Turner +2 from a friend i have it all apart to make it look and work like new. And for my mobile I bought the Astatic D104-M6 at ebay for $39.95 shipped. This is a great site and the people hear are helpful.

Thanks again Bob (y)

If I remember correctly the +2 had a different impedance than the +3, a main reason why they would sound different on same radio.

Had several +3's One of my personal favorite mics. Would take over a D 104 anytime. Have run them on ham rigs and all manner of cb's alike.

good luck

interview.gif

Yep +2 & +3B Are My Favorites used them on all kinds of rigs Ham & Cb's 10 Meter All & Can't beat em I get asked time & time Again HEY! What Kinda Mic Are You On & Then I Hear It Again HUH ! I'll Be Sounds Great I Would Not Have Guessed :)

Never had the Plus 3

I do have a Plus 2 and a D104 Desk Power mike

You can not go wrong with the Plus 2 (that is for sure .. on cb)

best mobile (for cb) is likely Astatic D104-M6

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.