• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what radios have the best ears ?

yeticomnz.com

cool radio just like the 257hp but looks much nicer. do the knobs feel cheapy? magnums do!

No, The knobs do not feel cheap. Everyday, I kick myself in the Butt for trading the optima away. Just like when i traded off my Ar3500-100wt model back in '91 Maybe that's why my back side has been sore for quite a long time. And i thought all this time drivin a semi-truck had something to do with that. LOL

DYNASCAN COBRA

I have the COBRA 85 23 CHA. And the COBRA 29 23 CHA. I myself think they have the best ears.But that is just me.RIGHT? I think the old school rigs are the best.I run them on the 2000 bare foot. 73s guys coathanger N.E. P.A.:pop:

The bottom line has to be - why would you want to waste your money on a chicken band radio when you could study for a couple of hours and take a test and get a license and use the amateur radio bands and use side band and legal limit power - up to 1500 watts on legal frequencies and talk to other legal hams that has legal licenses and not have to put up with the loud mouths, swearing, illegal amplifiers and lack of intelligence.

Because I don't have to take a test, I don't have my name in a Federal database, and I can run 15,000 watts :love:

If you added a license and a call sign - you could really clean up the airwaves.
Then it would be HAM and not CB.

... and yet another ham "elitist" jacks the thread.

I've ran a lot of radios over the years, and I've found that the older stuff is better. The old Uniden D858 SSB chassis is great for receive, with good channel rejection and low noise. The MB8719 dual conversion chassis (Cobra 148GTL, Uniden Grant XL, etc) is also a great board for receive.

Most 10M radios tend to have too much "white noise" for my tastes, the only exception being the Uniden HR series of radios (HR-2510, HR-2600, President Lincoln). Those have wonderful RX with a low noise floor and excellent sensitivity.

If CB is what you're after, go with anything with the D858 board, or the MB8719 board. For 10M stuff, go with the Uniden (President) HR series.

~Cheers~

UNIDEN WASHINGTON

I have the COBRA 85 23 CHA. And the COBRA 29 23 CHA. I myself think they have the best ears.But that is just me.RIGHT? I think the old school rigs are the best.I run them on the 2000 bare foot. 73s guys coathanger N.E. P.A.:pop:
Just picked a UNIDEN WASHINGTON from a person on this site:w00t: This rig is one of the best i ever had(y) This man does some of the best work around.:cool:I dont know if he wants his name out there so i will let it up to him to fill in the blanks:whistle: 73s coathanger N.E. P.A.

Best ears now and then!

Back in the day, I had a President Jackson that heard 160+ miles using a K40 antenna ground wave, the receive was pumped up as much as I could pump it up an was using a good pre amp on SSB. Today I have a Galaxy 2517 that I have talked Ground wave 100+ miles on SSB. But the radio that I like the best on receive is my Galaxy 55HP after I moding the receiver an tuning it for use in my RAV-4, it sound better than any radio I have EVER had or have used on AM. It sounds HI FI to my ear an has little to no background noise an hears station 40+ miles away on a quite night without any skip. The wife has never asked me to turn the radio down because of its:crying background noise an that sass it all!..............Oldtimer :)

Reactions: 1 person
Although i Posted far earlier in this posting..
You asked for non ham radio..

Although i use IC-7000 Mostly these days..

However..if it was to be an export radio again..
The Best i had was the AR-3300/AR-3500 ( 100 watt version ).
That is an Excellent radio indeed..Talking and Listening ..

I have heard many good things by the Newest RCI-2970N2
(but have not confirmed it myself )

Reactions: 1 person
Friends use to think I was ghost talking on the Mark 4a's.
I've had tons of radios and maybe this set was an exception, but I could hear for days!!!!!(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.